The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 1, 2013, 09:44 PM   #126
Slotback

I think Sharpdressedman is right.
Old February 2, 2013, 06:51 AM   #127
Nnobby45

Quote:
There are people who jump on the new thing and people who stand buy proven calibers. There will be a big new thing and the 40 will be greatly reduced in popularity. Just my opinion. I don't have a horse in the race so to speak. 308/44mag are the newest caliber that I use. Talk to me in 40 years and if the 40 is as popular then as 9s and 45s are I'll admit I was wrong.
LOL, Chuckle, Chuckle. The .40 S&W is the big new thing (still).

The 9mm's re-emergence is based on ammo cost, not because it suddenly became more effective than the .40 for serious social situations.
Old February 2, 2013, 07:00 AM   #128
Nnobby45

Quote:
For a law student, you should know that such a ridiculous statement would be ignored on this forum. It is fine to like the .40, but it is not necessary to pull numbers out of thin air.
Since pulling numbers out of the air and rabbits out of the hat of confusion is consistent with the more successufl members of that profession, he might be on the way to a great career.

It's true that, on this forum, simply pointing out that the .40 has long since proven itself on the street would probably have sufficed. And that the 9mm with the best ammo available isn't all that far behind.
Old February 2, 2013, 12:25 PM   #129
LockedBreech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnobby45 View Post
Since pulling numbers out of the air and rabbits out of the hat of confusion is consistent with the more successufl members of that profession, he might be on the way to a great career.

It's true that, on this forum, simply pointing out that the .40 has long since proven itself on the street would probably have sufficed. And that the 9mm with the best ammo available isn't all that far behind.
If you had bothered to read any further, you would have seen me own that I should have phrased that differently. You would have even seen my alternate phrasing.

I'm sure you've always expressed yourself exactly as intended the first time, right?

Being attacked for trying to become a lawyer, especially trying to be one of the few that defends the Second Amendment and does his job honorably, has gotten incredibly old. Contrary to popular belief, it's not an easy process, it's not without ethics, and it's often far from being lucrative. Yes, there are a lot of scummy lawyers, but if you tell me what you do for a living, I'm sure I can find examples of scummy people there too. If you ever have to use your firearm to protect your family, God forbid, it'll be one of us contemptible lawyers shielding you from the power of the state.

Seriously, this thread had gotten back on a civil and evidence-based track. Please explain why you felt the need to take a dig at me when the juvenile nonsense was already over.

Last edited by LockedBreech; February 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old February 2, 2013, 03:17 PM   #130
bikerbill

I sold my XD-40 a while back, because I own both .45ACP and 9mm carry guns and didn't want to stock another caliber ... nothing against the XD; I currently own an XDm in 9mm and just got an XDs ... I love Springfield handguns ...
Old February 2, 2013, 03:42 PM   #131
Glenn E. Meyer

This is down the drain.

Closed.