The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 3, 2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Niël .

G17gen3

After waiting since August for my firearm license , I finally got my new GLOCK17gen3 last Monday .
I took it to the range for the first time Yesterday where I participated in an IPSC competition.
I was very surprised by the fact that the brand new gun functioned 100% from the very first shot to the very last shot in the competition .
Before I shot the gun , I lubricated it as per the instructions manual .
It is a very big adjustment for me , as I am used a CZ75 and it is my very first time I have fired a GLOCK , But I am positive that I will be able to adapt.
I struggled quite a bit with the long shots .
Old March 4, 2013, 01:49 AM   #2
okiewita40

I carried a G17 for several years as a duty weapon. I got good enough to hit the pepper poppers from 75 yards. As far as qualifying with it I always shot a 100 on the range vs a 90 with the G19.
Old March 7, 2013, 04:09 AM   #3
ZIA

That's a Glock for you. Of all the Glocks I've ever fired I've never had a single problem with any of them. I actually know someone that owns a gen3 19 that he's never cleaned or lubed (don't know why) & according to him he's up to around 15k rounds through it without a single hitch so far.
Old March 7, 2013, 04:18 AM   #4
9mm

Whats a long shot? I can shoot 25m with a Snub nose! 8/10 hits paper, no idea where the other 2 went.
Old March 7, 2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Fishbed77

Quote:
I was very surprised by the fact that the brand new gun functioned 100% from the very first shot to the very last shot in the competition .
You shouldn't be surprised. I have plenty of semi-automatics that have functioned perfectly from the first shot (including Walther P99, Colt XSE, and Kahr CM9).