The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old October 8, 2002, 10:57 PM   #1
Uncle Ethan

Looking for info on CH Armory single shot rifles

I have some CH reloading dies from a company that was in business around 1970 in Gardena, California- from an estate sale I bought two single shot rifles that are hammerless Highwalls. They are marked CH Armory- the serial numbers are EXP #1 and the second doesn't have a safety finished, and the model number 1011 [ as I remember it] was listed as the serial number on the buy form. The only written information I have found is in a Single Shot Rifle book that listed them as new on the market [ book was published in 1969] and that it was an "improvement" on the Highwall. Exp#1 is a 45-70 with a light weight barrel and original older style Weaver scope and the other is a .250-3000 with a normal weight barrel and the same type of scope. Neither has any iron sights. I always hoped I could make the rifles available for photos if any rifle mag had enough knowledge to write an article on them. Anyone able to shed any light on these rifles? Were there many produced? Thks for any help.
Old October 10, 2002, 08:56 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I, too, recall something in the gunzines about them, but don't recall ever hearing any more. Apparently one of the many bright ideas that died from undercapitalization and lack of a market.

Jim
Old October 10, 2002, 09:00 PM   #3
Uncle Ethan

If there isn't someone on this forum that knows anything then I will never know. I don't think there are many libraries of old gun magazines of the 60's