The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 19, 2001, 04:24 PM   #1
geegee

FAC (Federal Arms Corp) mailorder

Got home today to find this new mail order catalogue (titled "Guns-n-Stuff") in the mail box. Example of their offered goods: AR-15 Carbine, Plinker .223...says it's "assembled on an Olympic Arms manufactured cast lower and upper receiver, and has A-1 style sights...comes with all the standard accessories, including sling, 10 round magazine, and owners manual, etc...also carries the Olympic Arms LIFETIME warranty. Priced at $524.95

Since I'm currently trying to decide between a Ruger Mini 14, or possibly a used AR 15 (or variant), this caught my attention. However, I've never heard of them and would be interested to know if any of you folks have ever bought from their catalogue.

Thanks, geegee
Old October 20, 2001, 06:16 AM   #2
darogue1

Hello.....

I got one of the Federal Arms Corp HAR-15 (Hessse Arms) Earlier in the summer through my local dealer. Also "sold" two more for her through word of mouth. The guy at work loves it and the price was very right. I love mine too! My uncle has not fired his yet. I have had not a problem with mine. I've shot wolf, PMC,S&B, UMC through it without a problem. I have posted a range report on it on this board. Do a search on it HAR-15 range report it think. Some people will bash Hesse, but I have a winner and the guy from work does too! Also bought some of the 9.95 AR mags listed in the catalog. I think that they are USA brand which some people bash too. But the dang things work 100% Hope that this helps. DAROGUE1
Old October 24, 2001, 01:17 AM   #3
10CFR

I ordered a ported barrel from them and got good service. I think they are a pretty good outfit. I have a friend who uses them too.

Darogue, I have seen some badmouthing of the HAR's on the net. Glad yours were o.k. I have no personal experience with those rifles. If I had the cash to get an AR, I would look hard at the Bushmaster. They are all too expensive for me with my poverty level income.

-10CFR
Old October 24, 2001, 03:44 AM   #4
darogue1

The HAR was a compromise for me too.

I was at a local place called The Gun Gallery dang did they have some sweet pre-bans! Anyway, I always wanted a AR and at the price mentioned I couldn't beat it. I've turned down too many things in my life and always kicked myself in the end. Sometimes you can't beleve all the "experts" out there. I've been buying cheaper guns now too. Need a new computer Hope your finances increase in the near future. Best of luck! DAROGUE1
Old October 24, 2001, 05:49 AM   #5
geegee

Thanks for your welcomed opinions-that's what makes this forum so valuable. geegee
Old October 24, 2001, 10:08 AM   #6
David Scott

Please post their web site if they have one, and/or the address & phone to get a catalog.
"As I looked at my two young sons, each with his gun, and considered how much the safety of the party depended on these little fellows, I felt grateful to you, dear husband, for having acquainted them in childhood with the use of firearms."

-- Elisabeth Robinson, in The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Old October 24, 2001, 11:42 AM   #7
geegee

Phone number for "Guns-N-Stuff": 763-780-8780.
No website listed. geegee