The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 25, 2006, 12:28 PM   #1
triggerhappy2006

Specialty ammo

Hey guys i just found this site that sell 12 gauge specialty ammo like pit bull(it shoots a slug and 00 buck out of the same shell) rounds and Cayenne pepper rounds let me know what ya think

http://www.firequest.com/catalog/12_...mmunition.html
http://www.hi-vel.com/Catalog__18/Sp..._ammuniti.html

Last edited by triggerhappy2006; February 25, 2006 at 12:56 PM. Reason: forgot site name
Old February 25, 2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Twycross

IMHO, most of the munitions are over-hyped, and all of them are very expensive. Some I could see uses for, like the flare rounds, but otherwise, I am rather skeptical of the lot. OTOH, if I ever have $100, and need a box of armor-piercing slugs, I know where to look.
Old February 25, 2006, 11:32 PM   #3
shwerp

If you look on gunbroker.com and do a search for 12ga ammo, you can find all sorts of stuff. Pepper spray, some sort of tiny darts, flare, etc. I am not sure if some of those are any good for the gun, but it might be interesting to watch someone try, why don't you make a video of the pepper spray one?
Old February 26, 2006, 05:18 PM   #4
OneInTheChamber

I'd be scared to put half of that **** in a gun. Seems to be screaming for a kB to happen. Stick with the tried and true.