The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 29, 2000, 02:32 PM   #1
faiello5

Hi folks. Just recently picked-up a G36 and was deciding what leather to buy for it. Read a couple of posts extolling the virtues and price of the Hume leather holsters so I went to the Hume site then called Hume on the phone. They put me in touch with one of their retailers, Bill at WRB, who can be found at http://www.wrbss.com/index.htm Bill sells the Hume holsters for 10% off of the Hume factory price, and his price includes free shipping.

So, I Emailed Bill at WRB and ordered a leather JIT slide and a 715 snap model leather IWB for the G36. Bill said he was out of stock on them but that he would order them from the factory and I would have them in 2-3 weeks. I wasn't expecting too much of the holsters as the total for the two holsters was ~$42, yes that was the total, not each. Well, was I pleasantly surprised when they came yesterday, only 10 days after I ordered them.

The 715 IWB was very well executed. The craftsmanship was very good and the fit on the G36 was excellent. This holster is well worth double to triple its price of ~$25.
I wore it yesterday and it was very comfortable and easy to draw from. All in all an excellent holster at an outstanding price.

The JIT slide was also very well done. This is a belt slide holster of the tunnel and loop design. It also had very good craftsmanship and fit. It held the G36 close to my body, was comfortable and also easy to draw from. Again, I believe it is worth at least double its price of ~$20. Another great holster at an outstanding price.

Bill at WRB was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He responded to emails promptly, provided good information and shipped my holsters to me before he even had my payment. He is a gentleman with whom I will do more business.

In conclusion, if you are interested in a very good leather holster at ridculously low prices, try the Hume holster from WRB. Disclaimer: I have no connection with Hume, Bill or WRB as this is my first contact with WRB and my first purcahse of a Hume product.

Regards,
Frank

Old December 29, 2000, 07:34 PM   #2
Jeff White

Thanks for the Info

Thanks for posting this. I bought a Glock 36 for off duty use last week and posted a thread asking about leather. No replies. As is often the case with new handguns it takes awhile for the accesories people to catch up.

I ordered a KY-TAC holster and mag pouch direct from the manufacturer. I'll post here how I like it when it comes in.

In the meantime, I'll look into the Don Hume rig if your supplier has them in stock. (will probably wait a while for the KY-TAC and I'm getting tired of pocket carry in my parka, although considering the weather here in Illinois, that's a pretty good option right now )

Jeff
Old December 29, 2000, 08:04 PM   #3
sw627pc

Jeff,

If your weather in Illinois is anything like ours in Indiana you could carry a mountain howitzer concealed under the clothing required to go outdoors for more than a few minutes. BRR!
Old December 29, 2000, 08:18 PM   #4
Jeff White

I'm in South Central Illinois but it's still COLD

Bob,
The St Louis Post Dispatch said it is the 3d coldest December on record. brrrrrrrrr...

I ordered the holster and linked this thread to the where on the web did you hear about us block on their online ordering form.

Jeff
Old October 15, 2001, 11:54 PM   #5
Vanguard.45

Just Bought 2 Don Humes for my Beretta 92FS

I recently purchased a Beretta 92FS and wanted to carry it IWB, both strong side and cross draw and also wanted to be able to carry it in the middle of my back IWB.

Solution?

Two Don Hume IWB Clip On Holsters. As a lefty, I bought a lefty for my strong side and cross draw and I bought a righty to carry in the middle of my back.

Total Cost? $38 + $6 Shipping!

Awesome Holsters, Awesome Service, and an Awesome Price! And no, I am not in any way affiliated with Don Hume or his company. I'm just a satisfied customer!
Old October 16, 2001, 06:42 PM   #6
Swamp Yankee

Have to agree on all comments about Don Hume holsters. Been using the JIT slide for several guns along with the 721. The workmanship is good and the prices are certainly reasonable. I don't feel bad if for some reason the $20 holster doesn't fit me right or is not what was expected. $50 or $75 is a different story.
Have two of the Hume belts and am equally impressed with belts as with the holsters.
Take Care