The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old April 11, 2016, 07:55 PM   #1
P71pilot

Where is my thread?

I posted a thread in the smithy forum today and it is nowhere to be found. This was fairly important and I had a whole lot typed up. After pressing "submit new thread" it went to the new thread page and all appeared well. I came back to the website later to see if I had any replies and the thread is not there. It is not in any other area either so I know I didn't post it in the wrong section. What gives? I guess I have to re-write that whole thing?
Old April 11, 2016, 09:40 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

What was the topic of your thread? I can see all your threads, both visible and deleted, and you haven't posted one in the Smithy forum today or in the recent past. Are you positive you pressed the submit button on it?
Old April 11, 2016, 09:45 PM   #3
P71pilot

The topic of the thread was something like "magazine retainer stuck in tube of browning auto 5". I am positive I hit the submit button and positive it it went to the screen of the new thread. I went directly to another website and came back a few minutes later and it's like it never happened. Oh well sounds like nothing can be done. Some kind of strange sploof
Old April 12, 2016, 03:41 PM   #4
tyme
Staff

As best I can tell from the logs, you attempted to create a thread, but something happened to make it not post. Maybe there was an error in the form, but the final request and redirect to show the newly created thread never happened.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old April 12, 2016, 07:24 PM   #5
P71pilot

Interesting. I appreciate the digging. I have done research and found out what I need to do. No longer need the thread