The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 29, 2006, 11:50 PM   #1
kidcoltoutlaw

40 S&W round in not the problem case support is

I say chamber support not hot load

I had a minor Kaboom with a 40 the load pushes a 135 JHP at 1482 fps.
People said I was stupid for firing a max load in a case I did not know how many times it had been fired. Tops it had been fired 3 times .OK lets say there right . So I did this I took a once fired case or a least they were bought as once fired. I loaded 12 plus grains behind a 135 Nosler JHP I say plus because I used a powder measure and 5 of the 10 loaded rounds were 12.3 grains. No big deal right only I loaded the SAME case 10 times to see if it was a case problem. The case held up fine not even a loose primer pocket. I would not do that with a SIG barrel. A case fired in a SIG barrel will not fit in a Bar-Sto barrel until it is sized. The better chamber support from the Bar-Sto barrel let me keep all my fingers and I did not need any Spare parts for me or the gun. I am thinking of selling some SIG barrels to replace them with Bar-Sto barrels I have 9 I could sell,

Thanks,Keith