The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old October 23, 2012, 03:29 PM   #26
math teacher

If you are going to deal with SWFA check out their website at samplelist.com. They sell many brands of demo and refurbished optics, including their own, for highly discounted amounts.
Old November 22, 2012, 03:11 AM   #27
David R. Svatos

fixed power scope

I am a Leupold (pronounced Loopold) scope guy forever. I took a heck of a fall packing an elk out a few years ago and thought nothing of it ,the next year I went out to the range to check my zero and the holes were all over the target. Deer season was 2 weeks away, I took the scope out to the factory they first offered to replace it but I wanted mine fixed due to some laser engraving on it they said they were really backed up and couldn't possibly get it done that soon so the lent me a brand new scope identical to mine. I filled 2 deer and an elk tag that year. When the season was over I took back there scope and got mine back. Best warranty in the business with no fine print
Old November 25, 2012, 02:00 PM   #28
tahoe2

David R

that was damn nice of them to loan you a scope, congrats on the successful hunt, and the customer service. I had a buddy with a Leupold 4x fixed that failed during a hunt (reticle fell out of center on the shot) several years ago. Took them 3 months to get it back to him, it's worked great ever since.