The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 17, 2000, 07:13 AM   #1
DOCSpanky

The mystery grows deeper with my new 20ga Gold hunter.

I have searched both the Browning site and the owners manual, and can find no mention of the Gold hunter being offered with the Invector Plus system and barrel backboring from the factory. According to Brownings site this option is only offered on the high end Sporting Clays model. But for some reason my barrel has Invector Plus! Any help in solving this mystery would be appreciated.
Old December 17, 2000, 08:39 AM   #2
PWK

Check out this page on the Browning site:
http://www.browning.com/products/cat.../gold/gold.htm
it describes the back boring on their shotguns. Go about 3/4ths the way down on the page.
I have a 12 ga. Browning Gold 28" which uses I-plus chokes. On page 15 of the owners manual it states that the 20 ga. is not back-bored while the 12 ga. is back-bored. Do you have an original Browning chokes? Some aftermarket chokes may be labelled I-plus and be actually I only.
I sure like the speed loading on these shotguns.