The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 6, 2013, 12:58 PM   #76
XDS45IWB

I've had mine since Sept. First .45 I ever shot & love it. Hard to explain in words but I prefer to let my trigger hand pinky wrap up & around from the bottom & up the side of the grip. Then it fills the gap in the palm of my non-trigger hand nicely. Just fits & feels perfect! Kept the larger backstrap & added the rubber version of Talon grip tape to give me better grip in cold weather.
Old February 7, 2013, 09:50 AM   #77
Black Frog

You XDs owners, have you seen evidence of wear on the back of the recoil spring assembly that sits in the barrel groove?

I've seen some reports of this from owner's who were not happy with the evident wear thus far in its life.
Old February 7, 2013, 03:06 PM   #78
jbrown27

Yes all do it. Springfield says its normal and it will stop after time. It gets rough edged and looks worse than it is. That is what a tech from Springfield said. Mine did it after first shots and now 500+ rounds later it looks the the same. Just a internal cosmetic problem it seems.
Tri Star T-120 Taurus TCP 738
Old February 7, 2013, 07:33 PM   #79
sliponby

Picked mine up today at my LGS for $500 plus tax. Cleaned it and ran 50 rounds through it without an issue. I'm used to the small pistols. I carry a PM9 or G26 so the XDS was an easy fit for me. I figured I had the 9mm covered for small carry pistols and it was about time to step up to the big bore. The recoil is definitely there but surprisingly manageable.

I was unable to shoot one prior to buying so I had to rely on opinions and comments from fellow forum members to help in making the decision to buy. Thanks for all who gave their honest opinion. Sometimes that's all you've got to go with...
Old February 8, 2013, 08:05 AM   #80
iblong

I've had mine for a couple months and like it a lot.I did the spring replacement and fluff and buff,Still safe as the pull is a measured 5lbs.
But is much better than stock.I also put the Talon rubberized grips on it.
Much easier on the hide for IWB.Carry.The thing that impressed me is it feeds every thing well,Evan my hand loaded 200gr lswc.
Old February 8, 2013, 07:58 PM   #81
Lemmon

Purchase one on Tuesday evening

Just got my Springfield XDs 45ACP and first thoughts is it is a nice pistol. It fit my Galco leather pocket holster that I was using for my Glock 27. The recoil was quite manageable and I liked the trigger. Still need to put more rounds through it which will be done this weekend. Fits my right front pocket without printing.

Lemmon from Rural South Carolina.....