The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 2, 1999, 10:57 AM   #1
Darknight

Hello, I was wondering, what is a a Franchi Spas-12 in pretty decent shape worth?? I have a friend who's trying to get rid of his, and I was kinda interested....

Thanks,
Darknight

------------------
G21, the only one.
1911 A1 another one.
AR15 the long one.
Old December 2, 1999, 12:27 PM   #2
point308

Spas 12's normally run around 800 to 1200 depending on the type of stock (Fixed / folding) and mag extensions etc.

Again, Chris Cooney's website is the best source of information about the SPAS. Check out some SPAS ads at http://chris.cc/spasads.htm
and a buyer's guide at http://chris.cc/spasbuy.htm

Also take a look at www.gunsamerica.com under Franchi Shotguns for more ads.

Mark.
Old December 3, 1999, 03:02 PM   #3
chmeyers

I own a fixed stock model with a long magazine tube which I bought for around $550 in ?1996 and haven't seen them for less than ~$850-1000 with folding stock models about $100 more. Personally, I've had the opportunity to buy a folding stock for it, but don't see the purpose. Like any 12 gauge, it kicks like hell and a fixed stock is more practical. I know....a ventilated barrel shroud isn't practical either...oh well. I really like the sites on it however. In terms of safety, there are two safety mechanisms: a crossbolt safety and triggerguard safety. It's probably the safest shotgun made despite its evil looks and bad press. Just my opinion...