The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 6, 2009, 07:29 AM   #1
Nick-Mc

.223 / 5.56x45 brass

what do people normally sell .223/5.56x45 brass for? Lets say Lake City brass and Centurion brass for examples. What does once fired brass typically go for? I figured you guys would have the answer
Old May 6, 2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Nick-Mc

anybody help with this? I am looking into rolling my own and trying to figure out how much money I can save.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:34 PM   #3
Sixer

I'm no expert and have not bought any myself lately, but I did see a WTS ad for 1000 pieces of .223 brass on a different forum yesterday. The asking price was $75 / 1000. Sounds like a good price, but I'm honestly not sure. It seems like people are willing to pay stupid amounts for all reloading supplies these days. Hope that helps

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old May 6, 2009, 04:35 PM   #4
FlyFish

Not sure where you're located, but if it's anywhere near New Hampshire, the guys at Manchester Firing Line just got in a few tons (literally) of Fiocchi .223 brass that they're selling for $45 per thousand. Otherwise, I think the $75 that Sixer quoted is about the going rate.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:23 PM   #5
jepp2

Gunbroker.com is a good check on current prices. If you have created a membership, you can do a search on completed auctions and see what the brass actually sold for. If you haven't registered, you can at least search current open auctions.

Search under Reloading Supplies