The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 22, 2002, 09:04 AM   #1
six 4 sure

Fabarm's o/u, and other questions

Does anyone have one of these?

I'm in the market to purchase a $2000 - $3000 shotgun and I really like the looks of the Fabarm. I like that the are imported by H&K and come with a lifetime warranty. But, how does that work. Is the lifetime warranty good as long as H&K is importing them?

Would I be better off buying something else? I have a Beretta Whitewing ordered at the moment, and I plan to use it as my bird gun. However, I'd like something a bit nicer in the collection and something other than Beretta or Browning. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Six
Old November 22, 2002, 09:09 AM   #2
dks

I have been told, reliably, that they could be a bit fragile when used heavily.

How about a nice SKB6000?
Old November 25, 2002, 07:33 PM   #3
Bam Bam

You may get more answers at the BBS for Shooting Sportsman Magazine. I have a Fabarm O/U Max Lion. Lightly used for trap, skeet, only. I like it. Maybe I'll get to unload a 3.5 on a tom in the spring.
Old November 29, 2002, 05:53 PM   #4
gitarmac

I had a fabarm red lion, the bottom feeder of autoloading shotguns and it was a piece of crap. I traded it for a 10/22 and felt bad afterwards for just not taking it out of circulation. It was a jamomatic, little pins would start to fall out, little microscopic ones that would not have been found had they fallen out all the way. Lots of plastic parts. Kicked like a mule, I have to laugh at the bs on the website about their barrels that "reduce recoil". The front bead was always coming loose, plus it was fragile, wire wrapped around the bead an screwed into the rib. For some reason I had a hard time hitting anything with it. I think the light weight of the gun made the barrel rise when I pulled the trigger, who knows.

Now I have a winchester super x2 and couldn't be happier. Maybe the more expensive ones are better but I wouldn't chance it.

I feel silly just saying the word "fabarm"!