The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 30, 2013, 10:39 PM   #26
Golderpuff

BGutzman, thanks for the link putting it on other social media. Thanks again.
Old January 30, 2013, 11:12 PM   #27
pincher

Thanks for the link. Just did it.
Old January 31, 2013, 05:21 AM   #28
david_r

I think you should buy a G31 so you can feel the pain of 66 cents of WWB going down range every time you pull the trigger.

Now when did I join this forum? Darn it I knew I should have procrastinated more
Old January 31, 2013, 10:24 AM   #29
Tactical Jackalope

Why did I not see this till now? lol that's hilarious. I wish you'd of bought one. That'd be hilarious.

For those who don't know him. The OP seriously looks at Glocks like food that you're about to eat that just lands on the floor.

Sent from my phone...expect typos.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:34 AM   #30
blackamos

Just admit you want a real handgun and stop playing games.
Old January 31, 2013, 03:11 PM   #31
Silent Bob

I'm all for inspiring gun rights advocacy but really could care less what the OP's feelings on Glocks or any other gun is.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:28 PM   #32
BGutzman

Bob, its much less about the Glock and much more about getting people involved. My good friends Constantine, AK103 and 915 know I am anything but a Glock fan, but then again as a young man I never went for the ugliest date I could find.

I wouldn't want anyone to confuse me for a mall ninja. And imagine the embarrassment of being seen with such a thing... No, no thanks.. I don't want people to think I find below average as being great

Still in previous adventures in this forum I have found Glock fans that seem to deeply like it and I figured what a good way to get more people writing their state reps and the link provided makes it as easy as falling off a log. Glock is suppose to have such a great market share so what better group to pick on to get involvement.

To this point with little exception there hasn't been much of a take up on my offer. For myself if I got 500 people to write Id say I exceeded my wildest dreams... I do despise Glock but I despise gun control much more...

In any case the offer stands... And its not even that I dislike all Glocks... I have seen a few customs that aren't eye sores. Please get people cranked up and get them using this link... Make me eat my words... I will live up to my part of this.. Glock or non Glock at least in this thread its just a tool Im hoping to help use to persevere our rights for all of us...
Old January 31, 2013, 10:51 PM   #33
Mr. James

Well, BGutzman, huzzah for your efforts. Venting on the intertubz doesn't really accomplish much. But rallying patriots to actually write to the 535 un-indicted co-conspirators does count. Upon a time, an old snail-mail letter really drew attention. Probably not so anymore, but I'd suggest anyone e-mailing at least copy and paste into their own e-mail account, and then play with the wording enough so that it doesn't get snagged as spam.

Oh, and my name is Bob and I'm a Glock owner. Have one on my hip as I type. Without doubt it is the fugliest firearm in my meager collection. Let's just say I defied conventional wisdom and went ugly late, story of my life! But it's accurate, it's reliable, its relatively impervious to the elements, it carries 13+1, and if it gets seized by the police, I won't shed a single tear. Take my one of my 1911s (which I also carry), and I'll be bereft, I tell ya!

Bob James

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat
Old January 31, 2013, 11:03 PM   #34
BGutzman

Thanks Bob James!

Silent Bob, its ok... were strangers typing over a faceless medium... Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If my experience benefits you great, that would be my wish... If it doesn't.. well its still sort of a free country... I wish you the best none the less.

Last edited by BGutzman; January 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old January 31, 2013, 11:47 PM   #35
915A

Got another reply from my State representitive!
Old January 31, 2013, 11:52 PM   #36
BGutzman

Great 915A!
Old February 1, 2013, 12:17 AM   #37
BlueOvalFitter

BGutzman, I too am a Glock disliker. (Hater is such a nasty word)

Last edited by BlueOvalFitter; February 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old February 1, 2013, 09:53 AM   #38
BGutzman

Thanks BlueOval - I don't know what to say its like they lost all the fire I use to get about this... You would think at least one or two more nonmembers would like to see a true blue antiglocker buy and keep one...

Come on nonmember Glockers...step up to the plate... It takes all of two minutes of time and it directly supports gun rights...
Old February 1, 2013, 12:29 PM   #39
jaytothekizzay

Yeah... a gun that has proven its reliability time and time again. A gun that goes bang EVERYTIME no matter what. A gun that will run 100% everytime, even when abused and dirty. A gun thats saved the butt of thousands of police officers... yeah I can see why you hate it so much...

Because it ugly????

Thats just ignorant
Old February 1, 2013, 01:26 PM   #40
toppermost

Oh... I just cannot resist...

.... You know that every single day there are more and more reports that the US Army's 1st Special Forces Group, Operational Detachment - D (better known as "Delta Force") has switched from their custom-made 1911's to ..... Glock 22's?

Reason given: Reliability.

Sorry in advance.
Old February 1, 2013, 01:39 PM   #41
BlueOvalFitter

I have to admit, the Glock is a very reliable firearm. But, it's the "ergonomics" that I dislike. It feels like I am holding a 2X4. If I am going to own a firearm I want it to feel comfortable to shoot in order to shoot it correctly.

If I were a LEO and that was my "ONLY" choice as a firearm I would have to overcome the uncomfortable feeling, somehow, in order to shoot it.

And, last but not least, Glock is too day** expensive!
Old February 1, 2013, 04:44 PM   #42
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
If I were a LEO and that was my "ONLY" choice as a firearm I would have to overcome the uncomfortable feeling, somehow, in order to shoot it.
Hogue Slip On!
Old February 1, 2013, 11:15 PM   #43
BGutzman

Quote:
Yeah... a gun that has proven its reliability time and time again. A gun that goes bang EVERYTIME no matter what. A gun that will run 100% everytime, even when abused and dirty. A gun thats saved the butt of thousands of police officers... yeah I can see why you hate it so much...

Because it ugly????

Thats just ignorant

Also you point to reliability and yet no one anywhere has any proof that they are more or less reliable than anything else... The stats simply don't exist... Further you point out how police use them and yet in this forum it seems to be an accepted fact that police guns are generally chosen by budget limitations and a set of standards. I agree they are exactly that, cheap... reliable and cheap. Also it seems to be accepted as fact that most police aren't even gun guys, so what would the average non gun guy or gal officer even know about other weapons?

If reliability is the sole determining factor then they are lots and lots of brands that are equally reliable, just they also look better.

So ok Glocks are competent guns, but lets not pretend they are special in any way.

So heres a great chance to get your revenge for my anti Glock heresy... Get the nonmember glockers to do whats in my lead in thread and I will honor my word and provide pics over the coming year... Make me eat my words and help me protect our rights....

But you cant hold it against me because the things are just plain, plain... vanilla as it gets...
Old February 1, 2013, 11:20 PM   #44
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
...most police aren't even gun guys, so what would the average non gun guy or gal officer even know about other weapons?
While some of your points are well taken, this one falls flat.

The "average non gun guy or gal officer" is absolutely and most certainly not the person making the firearms selection for a police department.

Most often, smaller departments tend to follow the lead of larger departments or national organizations who often devote a considerable amount of time and money to determining which weapon(s) and ammunition to choose for issue.
Old February 1, 2013, 11:55 PM   #45
BlueOvalFitter

Quote:
But you cant hold it against me because the things are just plain, plain... vanilla as it gets...
I totally agree with this!
Old February 2, 2013, 12:55 AM   #46
TennJed

bgutzman, I like this thread and must say, good idea.

As for glocks, I have one and they are good guns, but you are right that there are plenty of other guns that are just as good. I don't love or hate mine, but I think Glock has 2 things really going for it that makes it more attractive to buy than the other "equal" guns. 1) huge aftermarket. If you like to tinker, you have a lot of options. 2) easier to resell quickly
Old February 2, 2013, 05:12 PM   #47
BGutzman

All right in a patriot fervor if we get 50 non members to do whats in my lead in thread on this I will still honor my commitment. Are ther 50 non member Glockers that can step up to the plate?

Look guys its a win/win.. We all win because in about 2 minutes you get to write all your reps.. For Glockers its a win because trust me it will burn my tail feathers to have to buy one of these things...
Old February 2, 2013, 05:55 PM   #48
915A

Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old February 2, 2013, 05:59 PM   #49
Tactical Jackalope

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359845784.689108.jpg
Just to cleanse your mind bro.

Sent from my phone...expect typos.
Old February 3, 2013, 11:16 AM   #50
jaytothekizzay

I think you are a closet Glock fan. I think you WANT to buy a glock...