The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 21, 2013, 10:50 AM   #1
STW

Cody Museum summer addition

FYI for anyone traveling through Cody, WY this summer. The Smithsonian is lending "Distinctive" firearms from their collection to the BBHC this summer.

http://www.codyenterprise.com/news/l...a4bcf887a.html

Sadly, it's a two hour trip for me and I probably won't be down that way more then half a dozen times this summer.
Old March 22, 2013, 02:39 PM   #2
Bart Noir

It's a two day drive to get there from the Seattle area, but I am in fact scheming to do it next summer. Been wanting to do it for years. I could do it in one killer long drive, but won't. I'll be able to swing through Spokane and pick up my brother, assuming he can get the vacation sorted out.

And the on-loan exhibit will still be there. So thanks for the heads-up

Bart Noir
Old March 22, 2013, 04:48 PM   #3
olddav

Stumbled across it after leaving Yellowstone National Park, never dreamed that a firearm museum of that quality would be in Cody WY. Not that Cody is not a nice town, I just assumed that Springfield, MA would be logical choice. But then again who out there knows about Barbers Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, AL, another great place to visit.
Old March 22, 2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Falcon642

Buffalo Bill historical center is really 5 museums in one, if you visit plan on AT LEAST a day to see just the gun museum. You can spend another day with the plains Indians and western art part of the museum.

Definitely enjoy your trip! Last time I went I filled a 4 gb memory card taking pictures.
Old March 23, 2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Jeff #111

I've been twice. First time in 83 then again in 2005. Big changes over that twenty-two year period. Especially the firearms. Great museum. Well worth the time and money. Takes me about eight hours to reach. Very pretty drive.