The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 12, 2013, 02:12 PM   #151
stu925

LIVE! From the Stand, Season 3!!!

Still haven't gotten one but today feels different. Cold and windy again although not as bad as yesterday. Took a walk yesterday to warm up and found the mountain full of coyote tracks, probably why the deer are so hard to find. Last day in this spot hopefully I can fill a tag.

Stu
Old December 28, 2013, 09:14 PM   #152

12/28

My son went behind the house tonight with the crossbow......no luck. He was in the pop up blind that I shot my 8 pt from Oct. 6th. The wind was perfect and we have snow on the ground. The problem is that we had a major ice storm a week ago (I lost my power for 2 1/2 days) and it's been in really cold but, it was 47 degrees today. That is about a 25 degree swing from what it's been. I just don't think the deer needed to "get on food now".

I am going to sit with him tomorrow afternoon. I told him he had to wait until I could watch it unfold before he would see a deer. We have 4 days left in Michigan boys and girls. There is one cow of a doe that I have on camera I hope comes out for him. Supposed to be in the low 30's tomorrow and about 25 at dark.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.
Old December 30, 2013, 04:42 PM   #153

12/30

The wind was funky for the blind last night so we sat on the side lines. He's back out tonight with a very favorable wind and 18 degrees. The deer should be moving.

He has a heater with him as well and I'm stuck at the worst four letter word of all..........WORK!

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.
Old December 30, 2013, 04:46 PM   #154
stu925

Hope he fills that tag, I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Stu
Old January 1, 2014, 08:27 AM   #155
std7mag

Was soooo looking to go out today... Finally have a day off of work!!!

Then the sneeze threw my freak'n back out!!!

Laying on a heating pad, with some Advil, and a muscle relaxer.
Old January 1, 2014, 09:47 AM   #156

That sucks std7mag. Wasn't much better for my kid. He had a neighbor's dog all around his hunting area. That's hunting behind the house I guess. Today is the last day here in Michigan and we are done. NE winds today which are terrible for the blind. I will probably go to the Saginaw River to do some walleye ice fishing.

Hope everyone had a great season. My family took 6 out of the gene pool so sitting out the last day is no biggie.

Happy New year BTW.

Old January 11, 2014, 04:08 PM   #157
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

First afternoon of our special DMFA ( or as we call it "Kill em all ") season. 2 antlerless per day, every day, only in certain areas.

My uncle and I are hunting together. 3 guns, 12ga semi, muzzleloader and Encore handgun in. 7mm- 08.

Deer expected from the right or lower right (east or SE) of the pic, headed to upper left (N or NW).

Old January 11, 2014, 07:30 PM   #158
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

We did see 2 but right at last light. Could not verify antler less so...