The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 4, 2012, 11:13 AM   #26
DASHZNT

I use Dillon Dies with a Dillon 550B Press.. Ive never had anything like that happen.. thats all I can say.

DASHZNT
Old December 5, 2012, 10:55 PM   #27
WileyP

Once again, you folks have been a huge help. It really does look like the crimp was being made before the bullet was seated in place. I don't really understand why that would happen with a die designed to seat the bullet and then make the crimp, but looking at the damage, it does look like that happened. I have ordered a Lee factory crimp die which I will place in the fourth hole of the progressive press and unscrew the crimping portion of the dual-purpose seating/crimping die. Stay tuned for further adventures of "As the Neophyte's Stomach Turns!"

Thanks everyone for your generous help!

Wiley
Old December 5, 2012, 11:26 PM   #28
DASHZNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyP View Post
Once again, you folks have been a huge help. It really does look like the crimp was being made before the bullet was seated in place. I don't really understand why that would happen with a die designed to seat the bullet and then make the crimp, but looking at the damage, it does look like that happened. I have ordered a Lee factory crimp die which I will place in the fourth hole of the progressive press and unscrew the crimping portion of the dual-purpose seating/crimping die. Stay tuned for further adventures of "As the Neophyte's Stomach Turns!"

Thanks everyone for your generous help!

Wiley
HaHa... i told ya, its always something obvious. Im glad you figured it out. Im certain all will be well. And im staying tuned!!

DASHZNT