The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old May 14, 2002, 06:12 PM   #51
Skorzeny

krept:
Quote:
Yep, the scary thing is, I think he's even competing in MMA matches. I've always wanted to see the Ferg Follies tape where Oxnard Doc (a 50+ year old BJJ student) comes in and offers to give him $1000 in cash he brought with him if Ferg could make Doc tap... man, the video clip from that is so funny.
I'd like to see that. How's the "Prince" been doing at these MMA matches? Oh, wait, I've seen at least one match in which he ran the whole time and got a draw of sorts.
Quote:
Alan had to have been in his teens in those vids. He is a big fella now... hmm... must be all the vitamins
Uh, these "vitamins" wouldn't cause liver damage, would they?

As for this so-called personal vendetta business, anyone who cares to know what I think can PM me. I will not respond to, or discuss, this issue on public forums per moderator's request.

Skorzeny
Old May 14, 2002, 09:28 PM   #52
DaveK

Mail is sent.
Old May 15, 2002, 08:13 PM   #53
Sharp Phil

Hello, all. A helpful Web denizen sent me a link to this thread (in which I notice my web page is referenced -- thanks much for the ego boost ).

It so happens I had a little Internet run-in with Mr. Severe myself:

Private Messages From Ralph Severe

I provoked him, to be perfectly honest, but he doesn't strike me as very nice -- nor very professional.

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly
Old May 15, 2002, 08:54 PM   #54
LawDog
Staff Emeritus

Welcome to TFL, Phil. Glad to have you aboard.

LawDog

Bona na Croin

The LawDog Files
Old May 15, 2002, 09:52 PM   #55
krept

"I'm glad you are not one of my students.... Gloves on beating would begin.. "
Old May 15, 2002, 10:03 PM   #56
ATeaM

LawDog, if it's not too much trouble, do you think you could delete all my posts on this thread ?

Thanks,

ATeaM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fatty2.jpg (33.7 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by ATeaM; May 15, 2002 at 10:27 PM.
Old May 15, 2002, 10:39 PM   #57
Skorzeny

Have I not always wondered out loud why there are so many frauds in the martial art and gun industries?

Is it something hormonal? Or is it that there are a lot of guys who draw their "manliness" from appearing to be super secret Ninja for the government?

I love what that SCARS website had to say about Spetsnaz Sambo:
Quote:
Soviet Spetnaz[sic]:

Recently the "fighter of the month club" has tried to push Soviet Spetnaz Fighting. This consists of some martial arts moves put together in a haphazard manner. Some of it is good and some bad. Bottom-line, the Soviets sent a KGB agent to attempt to research SCARS in the late '80s. NIS investigated and handled the incident. Since the fall of the Soviet empire much has come out about the poor state of readiness the Soviets were in and the inadequate training techniques they had. In hand to hand and hand to weapon fighting they fell far short. It is interesting that Moscow looks to western military professionals to head up training of security and military and law enforcement units . That should speak volumes about the effectiveness of Soviet training techniques. SCARS training will get you there faster and far more effectively than any other system out there.
I urge Jerry Petersen or whoever wrote this to visit Dynamo or other former Soviet Sambo and martial arts training clubs and issue such statements. These guys are monsters and have very little concepts of what pain means. I'd hate to run into one of these guys with a spade in an alley even if I had a gun.

ATeaM:

Why? I liked your posts - they were some of the most hilarious things here. Or do you now believe you must challenge and beat the Ninpo Master before you can enjoy a little humor at his expense?

Skorzeny
Old May 15, 2002, 11:28 PM   #58
ATeaM

Skorzeny, master Kamiyama is too easy a target. He should be exposed, especially if he abuses his students, but I don't need to rub it in.

When I see his unibrow and pudgy face I'm reminded of that fat kid in grade school, you know...the one everyone bullied until finally he got red in the face and beat up the cool kid while crying like a girl ? That's master Kamiyama. Except now, he doesn't beat up the cool kid, he lights up a Luby's. Or tortures a student or two.

Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to stumble on a thread like this where you are being excoriated publicly ? I'm sure he's used to it by now but damn...it's too much.
Old May 15, 2002, 11:32 PM   #59
DaveK

Well, I see I've had some posts deleted as well, and without me even asking...
Old May 16, 2002, 03:36 PM   #60
Sharp Phil

I received another message from Ralph just today, and added it to the ever-growing saga on my web page.

I continue to be impressed by what a great guy and mature, professional teacher he must be.

Old May 16, 2002, 04:03 PM   #61
Lousy_shot

Remember, the purpose of ninjas is to flip out and kill everyone.
http://www.realultimatepower.net

The above is to be taken on a humorous note, I wouldn't want some ninjutsu aficionado to flip out and kill me

Cheers
/Lousy Shot
Old May 16, 2002, 04:36 PM   #62
Mike Weber

Welcome Sharp Phil

Welcome to TFL Phil:
I would have responded to your earlier post sooner but, I have just now recovered from rolling around on the floor laughing after reading the ACAMAC posts. I really enjoyed your threads on internet profiles, Trolls, VTGs, and Virtual Sensei's. Again welcome to the BB.

Mike
Old May 16, 2002, 04:43 PM   #63
Mike Weber

That page is a RIOT Lousy Shot. But you must Beware of Unibrow.
Old May 16, 2002, 04:44 PM   #64
Sharp Phil

Thanks, Mike.

I think I came close to having a seizure while trying to read the actual ACAMAC web site.

To this day I'm still not entirely sure what any of those messages to me is trying to say (though one of them is definitely a demand that I stop posting the mail to my web site's "Hate Mail" section).

At least ACAMAC is funny. Ralph is just wretched.

Old May 16, 2002, 05:02 PM   #65
Skorzeny

Too too funny.

Skorzeny
Old May 16, 2002, 06:57 PM   #66
krept

I wonder if anyone from the mma forum would have the stones to ask for a challenge match.
Old May 19, 2002, 01:55 PM   #67
Chiburi

I'll shut the f**k up this time...why is it that there can't be a forum without arguing about Mr. Severe..he is even more famous than Hatsumi Sôke!

PS. I'm sick of seeing childish "threats" next to the Bujinkan logo.

No Peace nor Happiness ,
Old May 19, 2002, 10:58 PM   #68
krept

Hey man that's some pretty good stuff.

While I do have respect for the Bujinkan, that Savage stuff is a big detraction from the movement.
He seems easily off-centered. A trait that none of those who truly understand the arts portray - at least that I've known anyhow.
Old May 24, 2002, 09:18 AM   #69
Lofland

Wow, I had no idea that Ralph's fame had spread so far and wide. The guys at the Otherground forum on the mixed martial arts Web site www.mma.tv have a whole library worth of Ralph Severe humor, after someone posted his Web site last year. One guy did a hliarious Macromedia Flash montage of Ralph's pics, set to the theme to "Conan the Barbarian." I'll try to get the link to it.

In Ralph's defense, though, I have to say if he did these AC/DC painting he can't be all bad, I'd like to have em!

http://www.artofcombat.com/photos/art/art048.jpg

http://www.artofcombat.com/photos/art/art057.jpg

In answer to the post that started this whole thread, if you want some no-BS hardcore training in Dallas, go to Machado Jiu-Jitsu, I think it's on Midway north of 635 somewhere. If you want to talk to students from every good martial arts school in Dallas, go to www.mma.tv and post on the Underground or Otherground forums.
Old May 24, 2002, 09:31 AM   #70
Sharp Phil

Quote:
One guy did a hliarious Macromedia Flash montage of Ralph's pics, set to the theme to "Conan the Barbarian." I'll try to get the link to it.
It would amuse me greatly to see that, if you can find it.

Old May 24, 2002, 10:54 PM   #71
Mike Weber

I would love to see this Phil. I wonder if it will feature Master Kamiyama with his bullwhip and machete technique?

Last edited by Mike Weber; May 25, 2002 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 25, 2002, 07:25 AM   #72
Lofland

Still waiting to get a reply to my requests for the link to the Ralph "Conan" montage, I'll post it as soon as I get it.
Old May 25, 2002, 09:40 AM   #73
Lofland

Here it is! I don't know how to link it so it shows up automatically, please help!

http://www.satanjr.com/flash/ralph2.html

and a shorter one:

http://www.satanjr.com/flash/rve.swf

SatanJr has some other funny flash movies, such as the Elivis one, but it's kind of an inside joke for the Otherground Forum on www.mma.tv. Ralph has been Photoshopped by several people there. If I can find those pics I'll post them. The Otherground is great for martial arts humor by computer experts with way too much time on their hands.
Old May 25, 2002, 10:25 AM   #74
C.R.Sam

Leave no duck unplucked.

The loud ones are easy to avoid.
Be wary of the quiet one in the corner. May be comatose, or may be deadly.

This has been a very interesting thread.

Sam
Old May 25, 2002, 10:20 PM   #75
krept

Right on Sam, great quote.