The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 5, 2011, 02:49 PM   #1026
jdlesesnejr

Hello
Old December 8, 2011, 06:49 PM   #1027
jharding32

New Member & special request

So exceited to be a part of this forum. I am the husband of a beautiful woman and the father of three beautiful girls. I have been a huge supporter of firearms rights and freedoms for as long as I can remember, but have only recently been able to carry concealed since I live in the state of Wisconsin. Thank you Gov. Walker !! Been carrying concealed daily since the law went into effect a little over a month ago.

Looking forward to spending time in the forums!

Last edited by Bud Helms; December 9, 2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Armslist contest spam edited out.
Old December 8, 2011, 09:51 PM   #1028
Silly Wabbit

Howdy TFL,
I'm just a redneck hillbilly from swampeast Missouri, looking for others with the same twisted interests in guns and shooting. I'm looking forward to spending time with you all.
Old December 12, 2011, 02:11 PM   #1029
threeoheightguy

Hey all,

Hoping to be able to soak up some knowledge that's floating around here!
Old December 12, 2011, 08:35 PM   #1030
The Kill Dozer

Heya! I'm an Okie who loves shooting! Whether it be hunting or just plinking on a slow, boring day! I hope to get to know you all, and maybe learn a few things along the way
Old December 13, 2011, 11:19 AM   #1031
b.read

Hi all...new guy here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm not new to guns but new to home ownership as well has owning a gun in my own home. I have recently taken possession of a S&W model 39 I inherited from my father and am going to get my CHL soon. Been married just over a year, no kids yet and my wife seems to be supportive of guns in the house, though my father in law never had any while she was growing up. We'll see how it goes when the collection grows a bit.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here- you all have built a community here that houses a ton of info and I look forward to learning from ya'll. Thanks again.

Edit: also a big "Hey" to all the other new folks around here.
Old December 13, 2011, 12:21 PM   #1032
ahanson0812

New member.

New member here.
Old December 13, 2011, 01:53 PM   #1033
griffithkr

I'm brand new to the site. I'm from Ohio and am an NRA member.
Old December 13, 2011, 10:47 PM   #1034
airboss1

New Guy

Hello from wisconsin, enjoying all the posts so far. Looking forward to learning from everyone else's experiences.
Old December 14, 2011, 03:42 AM   #1035
NUPE

I am back!

Just wanted to say that I am glad to be back on TFL after being away for more than 11 years. I look forward to reading and contributing to the various posts on the site.
Old December 14, 2011, 05:38 PM   #1036
WV_gunner

Just joned today. I'm in WV, and I'm a fan of guns. I own a few, from .22s to 45-70 and .410s to a 10 gauge. I've shot many different firearms and am looking into start reloading.
Old December 15, 2011, 12:50 AM   #1037
huddos

Self educate

I'm learning how to navigate this website. I'm not experienced with blogs or forums.

I have become very curious about guns and gun politics lately. I grew up around guns and all the people in my family were gun collectors, but I never asked them any questions. Now I am very curious about being educated, responsible, safe, and ultimately having fun. I read some posts on your website, and it seems there are some great replies to peoples honest questions. I learned a lot about the the misuse of the term "assault weapons" in the media, etc from this website. Very informative information.

I apologize if any of my questions seem ignorant, but I have only ever shot revolvers and single shot rifles and have never really concerned myself with gun politics until recently. So here are my questions:

Do gun enthusiasts generally agree that machine guns should not be sold on the market for individual US citizens, along with other weapons, like land mines, bazookas, grenades, etc. Is there a line people draw in regard to the ownership of types of guns? It seems that the 2nd Amendment is clear about "shall not be infringed", although there is also the part about being "well-regulated". There is also the concept that the guns available back when the Constitution was written were single shot weapons. I know that modern day protection is not about muskets anymore, but I am curious as to the various opinions within the gun community. I am NOT asking this to be combative, I merely want to be informed. Is there a general consensus among collectors, hunters, and enthusiasts that have some belief about what is sporty, protective, and constitutionally limitless vs. what should be regulated? Do they agree that felons should not be allowed to buy guns? Do any gun advocates feel like the NICS is a good idea? Did I open a can of worms??

Then my next question is about ammunition. How many bullets can any gun shoot before it has to be reloaded? Does the way a gun load make it more dangerous, like I have heard in the media? I cant imagine that is possible. A good link for educating about ammo would be greatly appreciated. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

[huddos, welcome to TFL. This thread is for introductions only. Look around the board for the best area to ask your questions in one of the discussion sub forums. Use the search function for some extended reading. - Bud Helms]

Last edited by Bud Helms; December 15, 2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old December 15, 2011, 03:59 PM   #1038
diamondjim25

the new guy

hi gun enthusiasts just found out about this site. have a question hope someone can help greetings to all
Old December 15, 2011, 04:14 PM   #1039
oldflathead

New Old Guy

Grandpa Tom Here!
My Call sign "oldflathead' desribes the older boat engines I rebuild here in Pensacola, FL.
I am a collector of sorts, bunch of muzzle loaders, hand guns and smoke poles. I shoot my sporterized M98 Mauser, 30-06, Winchesters M97 & 94, Marlin 22 + numerous handguns, favorite S & W M1917 revolver .45ACP.

Originally from NE MS, enlisted in the Marine Corps in 1955, a great adventure between the wars. Firefighter in SoCal 30 years, retired and now living by Bayou Chico. Just returned from hunting my Bro's land in NE MS. Got one 7point 250# buck - Good eating.

Local gunners give a call 572 1225

Tom
Old December 15, 2011, 07:00 PM   #1040
Sooner Guns

Hello From Oklahoma City

Have been browsing the forums for quite a while now and decided to join up. Anyone else here from Oklahoma City?
Old December 16, 2011, 09:44 AM   #1041
VINCENT1

hello, new to being a member of the forum, althoughi have visited many times before. i have always found this forum to be a valuable recourse for info related to the sport of shooting and the art of reloading. up until now i have done all my reloading on a series of singe stage presses i have set up in line. i have finally upgraded, and decided it was time to get involved so i could ask questions and share experiences.
vincent-
Old December 17, 2011, 11:38 PM   #1042
tnxdshooter

Hi

New guy here. Hi all from TN

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless
Old December 18, 2011, 10:29 AM   #1043
RingRing

Excited

Hi Guys,

Happy to have joined TFL and i have alot of questions hopefully with your help i will get there.
Old December 18, 2011, 10:42 AM   #1044
arch308

Hey folks, I'm Mike.
I've been shooting and hunting for about 35 of my 56 yrs on this earth. Been reloading for about 30 yrs since my brother gave me his RCBS set up. He found it too tedious.
I am, however, pretty new to computers, chat rooms, etc. I am really enjoying this forum and find alot in common with you people. In the short time I've been involved here I have learned a great deal and found a valuable resource for picking the brains of like minded folks. There is always more to learn and I hope I can contribute a little in return.
I believe we are extremely fortunate to live in a country where we can freely enjoy our lifestyle. God Bless the NRA!
Old December 19, 2011, 10:23 PM   #1045
Irishbandit

Hello All! New PacNW guy here..

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello and thanks for some great information. I really enjoy reading on this site so I thought I'd join and make some new buds

I have several real guns but these days (having a family and all ) I find myself shooting my modded Gamo Whisper Air Rifle (1200fps). It's cheap to shoot, I don't have to drive for hours to find a secluded spot to shoot and it's accurate to 112 yrds so far (longest kill shot per my range finder).

If there are any Seattle area guys that like to go shooting hit me up. I am willing to travel an hour or more if you have a good small game hunting spot!
Old December 20, 2011, 02:38 PM   #1046
tcash

Hi everyone. I'm Tim from Orlando. Born in Long Beach, but grew up in Kansas-from a firearms perspective, the best thing that could happen.
I have been shooting, hunting, reloading, and competing for many years now, and thoroughly enjoy all of it!
There is a lot of knowledge out there, and occasionally it's nice to be able to share what I have learned over the years while learning from others.
Although I've lurked on several forums recently, this is the one I've decided to invest my time and effort in as everyone here seems genuine and helpful. I appreciate the opportunity.
Old December 20, 2011, 10:53 PM   #1047
lchith

Hi guys & gals,
I'm a retired lady who loves bass fishing (or fishing for any fish species). I'm lucky enough to live on a lake with lots of wildlife. Deer and wild turkeys come to my bird feeder almost daily (as well as raccoons, opossum, skunks, and PLENTY of squirrels). I don't shoot at them, I just like to observe them. It's been years since I've been hunting. I enjoy range shooting but it's been a long time since I've been (too long!). I'm trying to learn a lot more about the guns that I own (and might want to own in the future). This forum seems to be a great place to do that with a lot of nice people here.
Lynn
Old December 20, 2011, 11:35 PM   #1048
Tornado_Todd

Hey Gang, I am a 50 year old shooter / reloader from the flat lands of Illinois. I have used TFL many times for research but just joined. I guess I'm a quiet guy and didn't have a lot to say. I have more time on my hands now that I am a empty nester. Thank you all for your information on reloading.
Old December 23, 2011, 04:45 PM   #1049
TFU

Noobie here

Hellos everyone,

My name is Brandon and I'm a 22 year old college student from Tempe, Arizona. I have recently started shooting at a local range and at few spots that some friends have out in the desert. I haven't shot too many firearms yet, but the few I have shot have made me want to get more practice and learn as much as I can about everything firearm related. A couple older guys I'm friends with have included me in a business venture, selling AR500 targets made right here in the good ol USA, using only American made tools and materials. I didn't see anything about putting website info in signatures, I may have missed it please feel free to pm me if its not allowed thanks and happy holidays.

Rolling with the top down
Old December 24, 2011, 09:13 AM   #1050
aliveinnc

New to forum

I just found this forum and am impressed with the sharing of knowledge with a lack of BS. Living in rural NC. At this point I am primarily interested in C&R, my application is being processed now and I have no doubt that I'll being asking a lot of questions later.
I have enough modern stuff to handle hunting, self-defence, etc. From the C&R standpoint I am not just looking at some of the older guns as weapons but also as works of art and superb craftsmanship. I have a Luger from 1917 that is most impressive, put together like a clock.

Last edited by aliveinnc; December 24, 2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typo

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent