The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 5, 2013, 07:54 AM   #1
adamc

First Class Bullets & Brass... Did I make a Mistake ?

First Class Bullets & Brass... Did I make a Mistake ?

I just read the archives, and now realize that I may have "zonked"
myself. I understand the crunch time the ammo industry has now, BUT

I place a large order, was immediately charged my CC. No merchandise
.. Many weeks have gone by, and
absolutely No communication from FCBB .. (not from a lack of trying)

I may have to get the CC company involved soon.

I have nobody to blame but ME, as I'm rather new here, and It never occurred to me to do a search, on forum members' happiness with the company.

Connecticut was the Cradle of the Gun Industry, NOW it is just a Pine Box,
Courtesy of our Governor "Chairman MAO Malloy"
Old February 5, 2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

Hard to tell. I don't like places that take my money right away. However, read this thread and you will see that many places are running 6 to 8 weeks normal delay now just to get orders through the backlog queue, and that's just for items they still have in stock but that their employees can't package and ship fast enough to keep up with. Many have stopped taking orders altogether as they have no clue when the supply chain will put items back in stock. That same concern keeps them from adding new employees to clear the queue, as they're afraid that once their stock is depleted they'll have nothing for anyone to do.

I notice FCB&B is a reseller and not a manufacturer of the any of the few items I looked at on their page, so I expect they're on backorder with their suppliers, too.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old February 5, 2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Cornbread

If you do a Google search for First Class Bullets & Brass seems to be a common problem on numerous other sites .
Then you have this Better Business Bureau Review. http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-...ch-il-88495387 With the short supply of almost everything who knows if and when he will have it in stock or will ship it.

My advice would be contact CC company

Good Luck.
Cornbread
Old February 5, 2013, 09:06 AM   #4
chiefr

Agree, something is wrong. I understand the buying frenzy and having to wait. However, when they charge your credit card, the rules change.
I would take Cornbreads advice & contact you CC.
Old February 7, 2013, 11:34 AM   #5
mc_1_2_3

I too got taken by First Class Bullets & Brass. (I joined The Firing Line yesterday after Google directed me to this post.) A friend of mine recommended them. So, I order a few thousand of 9mm and 40 S&W. There was a problem with the credit card system at the time I ordered (LUCKY for me) so an invoice was issued. 4 days later I emailed them and I actually got a reply that day stating that they would call me the next day in order to give them CC info to pay the invoice. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have contacted them by email and voicemail (which is now full). I emailed them to just cancel the order since they don't have my billing info. My friend was not as lucky. They charged his card the same day and he has not seen or heard anything from them, going on 4 weeks. I too would recommend all to stay far away from First Class. If it's in stock, ship it!
Yesterday I found another brass supplier, albeit only cleaned and sorted, not unprimed and sized. Much cheaper of course and had a shipping notification from USPS in less 20 minutes. That is service. I even called before I ordered and spoke to a person who said "Let me look... yep, we have 9mm and 40 out there, it will ship today if you order this afternoon."
Another great seller is www.tjconevera.com, new and once-fired processed brass, bullets, other stuff. Out of stock for most items right now, but when they have it, it ships to your house in 2-3 days. Great customer service.
Good luck. You will probably get it, you will just have to wait...

Mark
Old February 7, 2013, 12:06 PM   #6
maillemaker

Call your CC company and they will reverse the charges against the merchant.

Steve
Old February 7, 2013, 10:51 PM   #7
Vance

Yes.

I had 2 dealings with him. The first time there was no issue. The second time there was an issue with the order as in I only got half the order. He would not answer the phone or emails. I then filed a claim with the credit card company and suddenly he could communicate. He agreed to refund my money for the product he didn't ship and I agreed I would not buy from him again. That was last year.
Old March 4, 2013, 04:00 PM   #8
adamc

First class

* update *

I let a few more weeks go by, no order received, nor
any communications.. I tried to email again today..
surprise !!!

The email states that My order has been 'cancelled' and a
refund back to my CC. (I just want mu order- not a cancellation)

A refund ? They charged my card the day the order was placed
two moths ago

My advice,,,,,,,,,,
bypass them

Connecticut was the Cradle of the Gun Industry, NOW it is just a Pine Box,
Courtesy of our Governor "Chairman MAO Malloy"
Old March 6, 2013, 01:58 PM   #9
Marshhawk65

I agree

I first want to say that I understand the firearms world is crazy. I am a home based FFL and trying to get any guns or other products is next to impossible.
I placed an order for bullets back on the 12th of February with FCBB. My debit card was charged the 14th. The bullets were listed as in stock. 2 weeks goes by. I call no answer or machine is full not taking any messages. I email. No response. Finally get thru to leave a message. I asked for my money back as I had by now saw all the poor reports on them. No response.
I filed a complaint with the BBB. BTW there are 4 complaints since 3-1-13 filed against them. Today I get an email saying they are refunding my money. Nothing yet.
I also got a response from the BBB. FCBB wrote that they spoke with me.(never have) and worked out the issue by refunding the last open order I had with them. They said that I was satisfied with the solution. My last name is Martin but they initially referred to me as another customers name. Which is not even close to my name. They then corrected themselves in the next correspondence with the BBB by saying they meant Mr.Martin.
They have a D rating with the BBB. Like I said I understand things are crazy but once you charge my card its time to ship the product.
Sorry for the long rant. I just don't want anyone else to get screwed by these folks.
Bill