The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 8, 2005, 11:04 PM   #1
GunsnRovers

Avoid G-Code

Back in February of this year, I purchased a G-Code holster for a 1911 from Lightfighter.

When the holster came in, I discovered some flaws in the plastic causing raised areas. The burrs were easy to feel with your fingers and were substantial.

Instead of dealing with Lightfighter, I decided to go to the source with my concerns. I could fix some of the high spots, but others were too deep in the holster body.

I started trading emails with Scott Evans over at G-Code. Scott asked that I send in the holster and he would send me a replacement for my troubles. Fair enough. Every vendor should get a chance to correct a problem.

The holster was returned the week of February 21st via Priority Mail.

Since then email and voice mail have remained unanswered.

THe cost of the holster was relatively low. I'm not going to cry over that.

I'm very dissapointed over the complete lack of follow through by G-Code and their extremely poor customer service.

I took a long time to post this negative review. Every few weeks, I would try another email to the company. I gave up on phone calls. I finally decided to post my experience on the internet. Nothing to lose.

There are more then a few quality Kydex holster makers on the market. Most seem very willing to back up their product. G-Code apparently does not rank among them.

The reason we're all here is that we're not all there.
Old May 9, 2005, 07:11 AM   #2
OBIWAN

It is too bad that they are experiencing some service issues...I have heard that other places as well

It is always really cool when the boss himself takes time to talk to you....

But it sucks when they just can't get everything done

Seems to be happening more and more

Someone comes out with something cool...everyone wants it....and they grow too fast to support it well enough

Here's hoping they can catch up
Old May 13, 2005, 01:05 PM   #3
45 Carry

I've got a G-Code for a Sig 220 and love it. Very well made.
Old May 15, 2005, 04:44 PM   #4
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

Jeff,
I received your rig near the end of Feb. and replaced it with a new one. I was unaware that you had not received it. Through the first part of the year I was struggling with a computer virus that I simply could not get rid of. It severely hampered my e-mail and some messages were lost. Maybe some of yours. In early April my family had an emergency that required my presence in NJ for several weeks. During that time my mail has been backlogged and I frankly had more that I could sift through.

Seeing this post I searched specifically for you and found one dated 04-23-05.

I will be happy to send you another holster Monday.

I stand behind our products and willingly replace any warranty items real or imagined. We do not require you to go back through the dealer from where you purchased the item. We do not require you to offer proof of purchase. We do not void the warranty even if you modify the holster or attempt repairs on your own. We even replace items intentionally damaged. I don’t know any other company that will do that.

I have no doubt that you had a hard time getting a hold of me through March and April of this year via e-mail. Things are, however; returning to normal.

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com
Old May 15, 2005, 06:06 PM   #5
GunsnRovers

Scott, if you no longer have my address, please PM me and I will email it to you.

Once I get a replacement, I will immedately amend/retract my post here and the one I placed on The High Road and on the 1911 Forum.

Old May 19, 2005, 07:20 PM   #6
GunsnRovers

As promised, I am here to update this story. The holster Scott promised arrived today, the 19th. Scott, I accept your appology for the late response and appreciate you following through.

However, it looks like I can't edit/amend my earlier posts. The edit feature apparently goes away after a period. I have posted a similar reply on The High Road. My other post on the 1911 forum was deleated by a moderator.