The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 7, 2009, 05:55 AM   #201
PT111

Quote:
It was probably not the right idea chasing the guy down since they already knew who he was. It also seems odd because he didn't even have any of their property with him so what was the motivation nothing could have been gained? I speculate that there is some kind of back story to all this, perhaps its drug/gang related or even a long time feud. People generally don't try to kick down the door of someones house they know while armed. Too bad we don't have more info
There are rumors from the comments on the story that he took a gun from their house. This adds even more confusion as supposedly he kicked down the door and found them home and took off. If so how did he get the gun with them in there? The reason he broke in was to get the gun and go back to the jbar that he had been kicked out of to show them who was tougher. He knew they had a gun and where it was. As I say lots of holes in this story.
Old July 7, 2009, 03:26 PM   #202
Donn_N

There are so many facts missing in this story that to debate what happened seems a bit silly. Almost all arguments are assuming, as they say, facts not in evidence. As long as it is okay to do so, I've come up with the real truth of what happened by assuming my own facts not in evidence...

The dead guy (Subject A) was strolling along the street when he saw the homeowner's brother (Subject B) committing a violent felony against a little old lady. Subject A yelled and Subject B ran. Subject A, being full of honor and principle, pursued and watched Subject B enter a dwelling. Feeling that he had to make the citizen's arrest, Subject A kicked in the door whereupon he was met by Subject B and his brother, the home's owner (Subject C).

Realizing he was outmatched, Subject A fled whereupon Subjects B and C pursued, Subject B grabbing a gun as they left the house. As Subjects B and C caught up with Subject A, Subject B pointed the gun at him. Although Subject A attempted to draw his own legally carried concealed weapon, he was unsuccessful and Subject B shot him to death.

While waiting for the police, Subjects B and C concocted the story that is now being accepted as fact despite any independent proof.

Last edited by Donn_N; July 7, 2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old July 7, 2009, 03:48 PM   #203
PT111

Quote:
Subject B, being full of honor and principle
I think you meant Subject A but your story makes about as much sense as some that have been posted.