The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 15, 2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Bill Carson

help sending images

I've been hopefully adding to the conversation. I'm still not getting images to help and back up my theads. I'm using a Casio digital camera and a Dell computer. Images still not going so would appreciate any help...b.c.
Old December 15, 2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Beagle333

If you can get it into your computer and find where it is stored.... you can use the little icon on the top of the reply box that looks like a little paper clip (3rd icon toward left, from top right on this reply box that I'm looking at) and if you click it, it brings up a box to manage attachments, and you can browse to your picture and upload it and it will pop up in your reply. It's a little tricky the first coupla times.... but it does work.
Old December 16, 2012, 04:13 AM   #3
Hawg

I use Photobucket, its free. Just upload your pics and under your pic there will be four codes. Copy the bottom one, the IMG code and paste it in with your text.
Old December 16, 2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Sure Shot Mc Gee

You two correct me please if I'm wrong Beagle 333 & Hawg Haggen

1.-Open an account with photo bucket. (name and password)
2.- Transfer pix from your computer to photo bucket (by using p/b directions.) Leave the P/B page running. Than go to TFLF and open it to the Subject Thread /and open a Post Reply blank page. Leave the (blank) Post Reply page running like your P/B page is.
3.Go back to P/B and Look at picture/s stored in your Library. Left click on the one wanting to transfer to TFLF.
4.You'll see a gear thing appear in the pictures corner. Click on it.
5.Menu->(Get Media links) and click on it also.
6. Choose either (Direct link or Img link.) Both are equally good to use and give pretty much the same end results.
7. Click on either Direct or Img link (only one do you choose and click on)
8.Open the (blank) Post Reply page again that was let running.
9. Look for (Insert Image) on the page menu above. Click on it.
10. Box will appear (Please enter URL) Click your key boards Delete button and clear or remove the (http://) completely. (a must do!!)
11. Now right click your mouse and enter the P/B link you chose to use and paste to the line.( If it doesn't appear. Just go back to P/B and click again & re-copy the link.)
12. Blank TFLF Post Page should immediately accept the link and show the Link below. You are done and your picture is now posted.
Click on Post Reveiw and check out your picture. If wanting too. You than you can go back into your Post page and write anything you desire below the blue P/B link.

I'd print this page and use it as a helpful guide/road map of direction sort of. Good luck with your posting I'm happy to have helped. As are all the rest here looking on. (get them Pix's post now Bill Carson!!)

S/S

Last edited by Sure Shot Mc Gee; December 18, 2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: To tweak and spell check
Old December 16, 2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Doc Hoy

I like photobucket too....

Not the most user friendly but still a good service.

I have not compared it to any others so I have a knowledge deficit.

"Dropbox" is pretty god but I don't know how they are with images.
Old December 16, 2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Hawg

PB just changed the layout but gave the option to keep the old one which is what I did. I upload pics. Hover mouse pointer over pic of choice. The links appear at bottom of pics. Left click on the IMG tag and it automatically copies it. I usually have my text box open in here and don't get the link until I get to the point where I want to put the pic. Just paste the link directly in the text box. You do not have to use the forums image hooey.( I never have). It will appear as a link when you paste it but will be a pic when you post it. If you use the image hooey on the forum I think you have to use the URL code instead of the IMG code. With PB you don't have to keep a bunch of pics loaded on your puter. You can make different folders to keep your pics organized so you don't have to search thru a bunch of pics to find what you want. I have 83 albums with anywhere from 1 to 144 pics in each one. You can even direct link to Facebook, Twitter etc.