The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 12, 2011, 06:53 AM   #1
Fall2fast

Lock n load case feeder modified / aftermarket options

Hello everyone!
I am new to this site and have searched for an answer to my question before posting a new thread with no luck. Many of the other questions that I had, I was able to find the answers and then some.

First off I am not new to reloading, but have gone from fighting with a Lee progressive to a Hornady lock n load.
Anyhow, here is my question / questions:
The Lee press has a really simple device that holds 4 tubes that you manually load the cases into, then is pushes them into the turret, I really don't mind loading those tubes at all (especially if I can save $300). here is the kit http://leeprecision.com/xcart/PRO-CA...DER-SMALL.html
Here is the press with the case feeder installed: http://leeprecision.com/xcart/Progressive-Presses/

1) Is there something out there like that set up above for the lock n load?

2) Have any of you reading this created some low cost set up like the Lee's?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to chatting!
Old August 12, 2011, 07:07 AM   #2
PA-Joe

Do you have the LNL AP Progress Press or a LNL Single stage press? There is a case feeder for the AP progressive and if you do a search here someone made their own using various parts.
Old August 12, 2011, 07:47 AM   #3
Fall2fast

I bought the lock n load AP press, and used to have the Lee Loadmaster (actually still do have the loadmaster)

I did a few searches, but did not find anything, most likely because of not using the right key words.
Old August 12, 2011, 08:51 AM   #4
jmorris

Here is one I slapped together for a SD, because "it couldn't be done".

Click on the photo for short video.

Old August 12, 2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Don H

Fall2fast,

Welcome to TFL!

If you go to Youtube and search on "homemade case feeder" there are a number of videos detailing case feeders for the LnL. After you have successfully built one, then you can build a bullet feeder for it from one of the bullet feeder videos. And then you can build a set-up that will automatically operate the press!
Old August 13, 2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Fall2fast

Thanks for the help everyone, but it looks like I'm going to be buying the Hornady unit. Unless I can hook up with a machinist that can manufacture some of the plastic parts for me, and then justify the time to make the other brackets, that $300 is not all that bad after all.