The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old February 28, 2009, 01:08 AM   #1
rgh35699

What is in the C and R packet?

I have recieved my first C and R license. It was just the license alone. There was a reference to a packet that I would recieve within 10 days. That was 7 weeks ago. I called the ATF license center and they transfered me to "distribution". The person there evidently was confused about what I was asking about and sent me a FFL app, a CR app, and a bunch of finger print cards I have kind of give up on getting any thing out of them soon, so I went to the ATF web site and found the pamphlet "Curio and Relic list". If that is all that comes with the "packet" described with my license, no problem. Does anybody know if I need any thing else to start using my license? This license to buy is burning a hole in my pocket RGH
Old February 28, 2009, 01:11 AM   #2
jsmaye

You can start using the license right away; the rest of that materials are just informational and educational. My C&R license showed up in November, and stuff has been steadily trickling in - just last Tuesday I got a CD-ROM version of all the printed materials and regs.
Old February 28, 2009, 07:35 AM   #3
TLeo

The packet is a package with some forms and books covering laws and regulations. Somtimes it comes same time as the license but they may be replacing that with the cd they have been sending out lately. Make sure you DO NOT sign the original license so you can make copies of it. The copies are what you sign when used for purchase.
Old February 28, 2009, 11:25 AM   #4
rgh35699

Thanks, I'm going to make some copies (w/o signing) and start contacting some C/R folks.