The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 9, 2012, 06:09 PM   #1
alvaremr

Palmetto State Armory is bad.

I know people love them but they have let me down terribly. Ordered a stripped upper on Aug 29th and it just arrived today Oct 9th. Original estimate was 10-15 business days to ship. Along with my upper I ordered a $130 BCG and Magpul handgaurd extra. Upper came today without BCG and w/out the stock handgaurds I paid for.

Throughout this entire process PSA's "customer service" has been useless. I am interested to see how they handle this tomorrow during business hours, more posts to follow
Old October 9, 2012, 06:19 PM   #2
SmokyBaer

Have to agree they are slower than some of the other vendors i use but they do have some fantastic deals at times that are worth the wait, in my opinion. That said, an extra 3 more weeks is a bit extreme.
Old October 9, 2012, 06:36 PM   #3
tahunua001

you think that's bad?

I bought a conversion kit for an enfield rifle back in may from special interests arms, after 4 months, a number of unanswered emails, and no listed phone number on their website for which to call and gripe to I finally got a reply that my kit was expected to ship by end of last week.

PSA having much more business than SIA and being a small operation is doing pretty good in comparison I believe. you have to remember that PSA is a small gun store, with it's own line of AR15s and not an actual arms manufacturer.
Old October 9, 2012, 07:06 PM   #4
blindhog

I ordered a Oly arms UMAR in May,still waiting on it to show. They say they are waiting on raw materials so that they can machine them into parts. I'm almost at 160 days right now.
Old October 9, 2012, 07:34 PM   #5
SVO

I think that one has to keep in mind that there are a lot of people buying AR's & parts right now. So I wouldn't be surprised that vendors may be experiencing longer lead times on their inventory.
Old October 9, 2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Mrgunsngear

I've ordered at least 15 times from PSA; they got one order wrong and sent the missing part out the following day.

To me---PSA is good
Old October 9, 2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Marquezj16

I have ordered quite a few things from PSA. With the exception of my latest 6.8 SPC upper assembly order, everything shipped within two business days and I received them within 4-5 days. The orders I received were 100% complete and accurate.

Now back to my 6.8 SPC upper. I ordered it 5 Sep 2012 during one of their fall madness sale, awesome price of $279. Figured many others jumped on that bargain. I'm still waiting for it.

I'm not upset though. With everything 6.8 in short supply, I understand it takes a little longer to get things.

They did say, it may ship by the end of this week. There's hope yet.
Old October 9, 2012, 11:56 PM   #8
Ridge_Runner_5

PSA does specials from time to time, and they often get overwhelmed. And all their uppers are built to order, so it can take some time to get everything together.

That said, I ordered a kit from them on Black Friday last year. Took a little over a month to show up, but it was exactly what I ordered, no missing parts.
Old October 10, 2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Metal god

Don' t even get me started on PSA . Yes they have quality pruducts and great prices but that does not mean you get a pass on customer service . I have ordered many times from them and have had only one real problem .

Some things are made to order but many are not . If you state an upper or any product is in stock . They should be on the shelf and be ready to ship .

All I ordered on the one bad purchase was ammo , fire control group and some springs . All were posted in stock . I placed the orderer 16 days before the big shooting trip . everything was delivered the day I got back .

What I had the problem most with was there CS . I get it [crap] happens and all they needed to do was be honest and say it would not be shipping soon . but when I contacted them 5 days after the order . They stated they were having shipping isuess cus of the specials they offered and my order would be shipping out the next day . A few days later my order has not shippied I contact them again to ask whats going on , this was a friday . They tell me my oder will ship on Monday . What do you think happened on Mon or Tues or Wed thats right nothing . Now that they have taken my money strung me along and I now know there is no way I can get my stuff before I need to leave . I had to order the fire control group from Midway . have it rushed to me me for just about what the FCG cost . Then go all over town looking for the exact ammo I had ordered and had to pay alot more for it . I really don't have that kind of time or money. Thats why I order online .

If there so busy and so back ordered they should be making enough money to hire a few more people .

Oops sorry I did not intend to go into it that much . Anyways that being said If what I'm ordering is not time sensitive I will continue to order from them cus they have great products at amazing prices .

IMO they only care about there bottom line and not a bit about there customers . Some day that will bite them in the [butt].

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; December 9, 2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Language skirting
Old October 10, 2012, 07:22 AM   #10
droptrd

Thats a bummer. I recently got an order form RRA. They told me up front when I placed the order that it be a minimum 3 months for delivery. About 4 weeks before the 3 months were up I received an email stating delivery would be a month longer. Good comunication. Cant complain
Old October 10, 2012, 08:32 AM   #11
tobnpr

One or two complaints is all I need to see...a page full is ridiculous.

Scratch them right off the list.

When you have companies with absolutely flawless CS and lighting fast shipping like Brownells and Midway (among others) for accessories, and Buds and numerous other retailers for firearms, I don't need to send my money to a business where I even have to pick up a phone to ask where my order is...

Their main appeal seems to be to the AR crowd. I don't see anything else on their site that I can't get elsewhere.
Old October 10, 2012, 11:02 AM   #12
alvaremr

Marquez I would keep badgering them, I got that line for two weeks... I have asked to speak to a supervisor twice and wasn't given the honor twice.
Found out today they will send my parts but not express. All they need to do to make people happy is throw some of their chinese made logo swag at them while they wait. Or, give an honest representation of wait times and then ship completed orders.
Old October 10, 2012, 11:26 AM   #13
Metal god

One of the things that bugs me the most is . They charge your card right away but dont ship you order . There is not a hole lot you can do once they have your money , and they know it . Sure you can still cancel your order but how long do you think its going to take them to put the money back on your card ?

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old October 10, 2012, 07:14 PM   #14
gizmo688

In my experience, PSA has at least manned up to their mistakes and fixed the issue in a timely manner. I even got a free hat once. Now AlexanderArms... they are beginning to get on my [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] list. Last time I asked about the lead time, they said something along the lines of "So long I'm not going to even offer a date." Meh, at least they were straight with me.
Old October 10, 2012, 08:12 PM   #15
Justice06RR

PSA has good quality products, but they are terrible from what I hear with CS and shipping.

I only own one product from them ( a complete upper ) and will probably not buy again from them. I'd rather buy from someone local like Spikes or another local gun store.
Old October 11, 2012, 10:23 AM   #16
Lemmon

I live in Columbia....

I live in Columbia and when I walk through the door of PSA I always get great service plus I get to pay South Carolina 7% Sales tax on each purchase......

Lemmon
Old October 11, 2012, 09:34 PM   #17
Skavatar

i've ordered 4 times from them. never had a problem.

if you have a problem with any company, call your credit card company and tell them about the problem you're having and have them cancel the charge. they will usually do it.
Old October 12, 2012, 12:43 AM   #18
djcantr

I haven't had any problems with them. I've ordered four lowers from them that were sold as blemished. Two of them I still can't find any blemishes on. The other two have such tiny blemishes that I'll likely ding them more than that on the first range trip. They were a good value and shipped quickly. I ordered a couple stripped uppers and a couple other things today. I can't complain about PSA.
Old October 12, 2012, 09:09 AM   #19
djcantr

Got an email this morning saying the items I ordered from PSA yesterday had shipped. Like I said, I've had good luck with them.
Old October 13, 2012, 08:27 AM   #20
madcratebuilder

If you're smart you would have a on-line account so you can log in and see what the order status is.

I've ordered stuff over the past two years and never had a problem. I go into this knowing that items like uppers and lowers are built as they are ordered and may take a few weeks to ship even if they show "in stock". I have never had my credit card charged until the item ships. If you need it today go the the LGS and pay twice as much. It is well known PSA ships on the slow side, if you are in a hurry, go elsewhere. If you want to save some $$$ then it's the right place.

As far as receiving the wrong item, PSA does not have a monopoly on that. I have gotten the wrong item from Midway, Brownells and others.
Old October 13, 2012, 10:48 AM   #21
Metal god

Quote:
if you are in a hurry, go elsewhere. If you want to save some $$$ then it's the right place.
Yep , I agree . I think the reason I got so upset was ( AAGAIN ) .The order I had a problem with I needed sooner then later . Im not going to say quick or right away cus 2 weeks + is enough time . The other was It was the first order I ever placed with PSA . Now every time I place an order I cringe a little .

There is a saying my dad tought me and I try to teach my son .

YOU NEVER GET A 2nd CHANCE TO MAKE A 1st IMPRESSION !

Old October 13, 2012, 11:36 PM   #22
Crankgrinder

this seems to be a bad year for ar kits. ordered one myself july26 and it still isnt here. Ive posted on another but ill post it here also DSG cust. service told me wait times on lowers/barrels are running 12-15 weeks right now. Guess ill just have to be patient and hope its worth the wait.
Old October 14, 2012, 08:38 AM   #23
Marquezj16

Well my order did not ship this week.
I think they ran out of 18" SS 6.8 SPC barrels for the upper assembly and probably are waiting for their resupply. This sucks.
Old October 15, 2012, 12:07 AM   #24
wingspar

I’ve only ordered ammo from them cause it was the cheapest I could find at the time of ordering, and their shipping is slow, but I order ammo long before I actually need it, so it hasn’t been a problem.
Old October 15, 2012, 01:13 AM   #25
jimbob86

I had a good experience when I ordered from PSA ..... and most importantly, it all worked as advertised.

Tags
ar-15 , build , palmetto , upper receiver