The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 2, 2000, 11:22 AM   #1
Stretch

I have seen posts in several different threads exhorting the virtues of the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster. Is it really that good? Is it really that comfortable and concealable? If it is everything everyone says, then I don't mind spending $100.
Old February 2, 2000, 12:25 PM   #2
AC

Stretch,
I bought one a year ago. Regarding concealability, I'm still not sure the 'tuckable' feature is for me. But it does work as stated, and you don't have to use the tuckable loops, they can languish in the box while you use standard loops. It is very comfortable and first class design and worksmanship. It was worth the $100.
Old February 2, 2000, 05:31 PM   #3
Branspop

It is a good holster. The craftsmanship is excellent. Worth the price.
Old February 3, 2000, 08:27 AM   #4
WESHOOT2

Milt Sparks is dead, but his spirit lives on in the company that bears his name.

They make great holsters. They work as advertised. The prices are reasonable considering the extreme quality of their products.
And they made me a beautiful IPSC rig for my 5.5" Redhawks..........(and a couple 1AT's for my other guns)

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Old February 3, 2000, 01:50 PM   #5
ak9

Yes, they are! I do not use the loops, prefering to use the clips on the waistband. Works with or without a belt. This is a nice feature with jeans. The wide supports fore and aft make for a very stable and thin platform. Holds the weapon against the back reducing the printing of the weapon. The added tuckablity is icing on the cake. I actually forget I have it on sometimes. Really! I own two of them. If you want one, you better hurry. I ordered direct from Sparks and took delivery 6 weeks from the date ordered. I ordered extra clips in blue and khaki for my jeans and khaki trousers. Everything came as ordered. The new AH has a nice article on the VM2. I have a feeling that the lead time will increase after this is seen by more people. Tony, who is the force behind Sparks, has stated this is the real deal and a personal favorite.(GunSpot Forum)
Old February 4, 2000, 06:36 AM   #6
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Moved to Gear and Accessories

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!