The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 27, 2009, 05:32 AM   #1
LockedBreech

Desantis Nemesis

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if the Desantis Nemesis holster works well with the LCP when it has Crimson Trace grips. Is the fit still good? Are there better pocket holsters for the LCP, if money is not an issue?
Old December 27, 2009, 06:23 AM   #2
hoytinak

I've tried the Nemesis for a couple of my pocket guns, they do work however I prefer leather myself (they just breath better IMO). My dad currently uses a Nemesis made for his PM9 and since he added the CT laser it doesn't really fit like it should. He's got a holster on order that's made for the CT which I'd suggest you get also. I like my pocket holsters, leather and simple so I get mine from www.rkbaholsters.com and they make them for the CT. Here's my P32 in mine:

Old December 27, 2009, 07:49 AM   #3
smee78

I know that CT was listing holsters on there site now, I would look what they are offering. I love my DN but I dont have a lazer on my revolver Good luck.
Old December 27, 2009, 09:37 AM   #4
LockedBreech

Thank you both for the advice, it gives me a good jumping off point to find a good fit. The holster in that pic looks just about perfect. I also prefer leather, using a Galco for my PX4.
Old December 28, 2009, 01:27 PM   #5
stephen426

I added a Crimson Trace trigger guard laser to my Kahr PM9. I was pocket carrying it in a nylon Desantis Holster. When I added the laser, it did not go all the way in. All I did was cut the thread where they had sewed it and re-sewed it according to the new profile. It took me less than an hour to do. Make sure you don't make it too tight or the gun won't come out easily. Also having pliers or something hard to push the needle through helps too since the holster is coated with a tacky rubber to keep the gun in your packet when drawing.

Leather is "nicer", but it can come out of your pocket more easily and you can't just throw it in the wash when you sweat all over it.
Old December 29, 2009, 02:26 AM   #6
LockedBreech

That is precisely what I needed to know. Sewing, I can do. Thank you!