The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 27, 2010, 04:53 PM   #26
shortwave

Just a shame this has to even be discussed .

Even more of a shame alot of people didn't/don't back a governor effectively trying to stop the cartels from taking over our land like they've brutally done their own. :barf:
Old September 27, 2010, 05:32 PM   #27
Daryl

Quote:
I guess in a way it's little like hunting in grizzly country. I spent the last ten days in the Bob Marshall wilderness up above the Flathead on Cox Creek. Sow grizzly bear with cub tracks all over the place. Twenty miles by horse to the closest phone if you get hurt.

After a friend of mine had a hunter with him mauled pretty good I have them on my mind and keep an eye out for a good tree. Hunting partner had a grizzzly boar about 60 yards away, but he was not noticed or at least the bear didn't indicate that he did.

I have to say I wish they were not in there as thick as they are with no hunting pressure to intimidate them for several years, and the sow bears not teaching their young to fear men.

But, I hunt in there anyway. Just keep on your toes.
I hadn't really thought of it that way, but you're right. It's sorta similar in a way. I've spent time in grizzly country too, and you just have to watch what you're about.

Daryl
Old September 27, 2010, 05:37 PM   #28
Daryl

Quote:
Just a shame this has to even be discussed .

Even more of a shame alot of people didn't/don't back a governor effectively trying to stop the cartels from taking over our land like they've brutally done their own.
Agreed, and I support Jan Brewer 100%. In fact, a large majority here in Arizona support her. She's one of the best governors we've had, IMO.

On a separate note, I heard today that Mrs. Krentz (wife of the man killed by illegals on his ranch in SE Arizona last March) was hit by a DUI while crossing a street in Douglas on Sunday. Report is that she'll likely be ok, and I'm sure glad to hear it.

That family has had somoe serious troubles this year.

Daryl