The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 12, 2000, 07:29 PM   #1
Angel Diamond

Bill, Old Jules wants to know if your hat still fits.

All kidding aside, Congratulations are in order to "Mr. Moderator", Bellicose Bill, for being Top Gun today at the Long Branch Lone Riders match. Good Shootin'!

Angel Diamond
Old March 12, 2000, 07:38 PM   #2
Gunslinger

Now don't go gettin' all bashfull like on us here Bill. Tell us all about it.
What kind of guns did you use, what class, etc............

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.
Old March 12, 2000, 10:30 PM   #3
zip

Angel Diamond

were is it you shoot i may try and get up there one of these months

Georgia Jake 29252

------------------
oneshotonekill
Old March 13, 2000, 09:32 AM   #4
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Howdy folks,

Yes,A.D.,my hat still fits,but I threw out my shoulder throwing my arms up in exultation. I'm sure all will return to normal next weekend in Gainesville.

Gunslinger,

I shoot Uberti Remingtons in .45 Colt,a .45 Marlin Cowboy,and a 12 gauge Stoeger Coachgun. I shoot Traditional class,but the Longbranch shoot was being made up from a rainout on Sat.,so all 17 of us shot in the same class,I think. Once the wind died down,it was beautiful day. Old Jules and I each had one miss,but his hurt a little more than mine.

Jake,

A.D. and her worser half Old Jules are my good shooting pards and we all shoot at Gainesville,Griffin,and Wartrace,TN. together. Longbranch is the shoot in Dahlonaga-it was the first time we shot up there. We hope to meet you this coming weekend at the big Gainesville shoot.

Bellicose Bill
Old March 13, 2000, 09:54 AM   #5
Joe West

Congratulations Bill!!!!
Bill, my students are starting to talk about setting their sights on YOU as The Man to Beat..........
For everyone that can, this Cherokee Cowboys match will be our largest of the year except for Mule Camp. In past March matches several out of state ranges are closed for their regular shoot and the folks come to ours. Our March attendance is always our yearly record. Come early to find a good parking place. I'll be very surprized if we don't top 160 shooters this month.
Joe West

------------------
Old March 13, 2000, 10:26 AM   #6
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Howdy Joe,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe West:
Congratulations Bill!!!!
Bill, my students are starting to talk about setting their sights on YOU as The Man to Beat..........
[/quote]

That's good,'cause when you're starting out,you don't want to set your sights too high. As a former student,I know that I'll have to be looking over my shoulder for those that have taken your class after me.

Bellicose Bill

Old March 13, 2000, 10:45 PM   #7
Ned Roundtree

I have it on good authority that Bill simply buys larger hats of the exact same color and design. That way you don't notice as bad. Congrats Bill. Just keep them on their toes.