The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 5, 2009, 08:37 PM   #1
James Kain

Camera Tripod

Camera Tripod...Ya I know [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] as the soon to be mrs. says.

The idea is to take a camera tripod and use the little attachment thing and mount on my rifle. so I may use my tripod hunting, target, and just plinking. Any ideas?

I was thinking of modding out a pin or bolt and screw to fit in the sling nut and attaching to a peace of wood or metal. From there it would be able to attach to the tripod mount.
Is there something out there that is already in production? If so I d like to see some photos so I can make my own. I saw this link in google that is wicked cool I m thinking about. But if I can attach it straight to the tripod and add weight I think would work best at the range.
http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/SniperSaddle.asp

Any ideas or comments would be welcomed!

To add prospective. It would be used coyote hunting and range shooting the most. Thanks