The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 2, 2010, 06:18 PM   #26
Fingers McGee

I've got an ASM also. Barrel shines as much; but the cylinder is a little dark. Havent been able to polish it out yet.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old September 2, 2010, 09:28 PM   #27
Zathras

I followed the advice of some of you here, and called cabelas about the grip blemish issue, since I noticed on the other side of the blemish side there was a deep long dent scratch there..they were very nice, and shipped me out a replacement gun, and made sure it was inspected first...the only pain in the neck, is that now "all of a sudden" an adult signature is required to get the package..since I am never home when UPS shows up, I have to tell them to hold it at the ups hub for me..should see it next week..I miss the piece already! lol
Old September 5, 2010, 10:23 PM   #28
WALKERsD210

Cabela Shipping

Placed the order for my 1851 on Sunday night, the information about shipping time and required adult signature was there. No problem because expect for a few trips to the grocery store I am home most of the time or my wife is here. Anyway on Wed morning I went to post office and had notice of package. It was the 1851 shipped through the U.S. Postal Service, and on the label in bold letters was a statement that if there was no one at home to just leave it at the door. In this small bump on the road we don't have door to door delivery. Not that I'm complaining or anything but if they say adult signature required why would it be labeled to just leave it ?? The biggest surprise was how fast it was shipped.