The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 16, 2002, 05:43 AM   #1
yankytrash

Shameless Praise

I know you mods and adminstrators get this all the time, but just let me chime in here with a great big GREAT JOB, PEOPLE, KEEP IT UP!!

As some users here know, I'm gearing up to attend my first High Power matches ths year. I've been told many times to go to my old hangout, AR15.com, to the competition section for input from many other High Power shooters.

I left there because things were getting pretty raunchy, and users were getting happier to dole-out the assaults rather than worthy advice. It got to the point where most questions were answered with a quick, "buy a new gun/upper", or "send it to a smith", or "that stuff's crap, I can't believe you're using it", along with other various insults to the questionee's intelligence.

Well, despite my best judgement, I decided to cruise back on over there to see what I could scrape up on HP competition.

Unbelievably, the site has gotten far worse. Not only are the personal insults up to an all-time high, but the administrators, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to add about 20 more forum catagories, ranging from trifling topics like "Women Shooters" & "Hall of Honor" to product-specific catagories that are already covered in previous sections. It lends to split the users up into 'catagories' that defy each other.

AR15 is now off my 'Favorites' list.

Keep up the great work guys. No matter what anybody might tell you about how bad locking certain threads is or how we 'need' a new forum section, stick to your guns. You're successfully running a conservative site that's still safe for granny and the kids to see, while still keeping everything very informative for the users & lurkers.

If you ever have doubts, browse AR15. It's a sobering reminder of what can happen if the mods listen to every physically or mentally raging teenager that has a site suggestion (not meant as an insult our teens here on TFL, who are a step-above ).
Old January 16, 2002, 09:19 AM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Nice to hear, yankytrash. I'm sure all of the staff appreciate your kind words.

We don't care to denigrate other firearms sites on TFL, it takes many different voices to make the choir sound sweet. AR15.com is a good site that serves a necessary purpose.
Old January 17, 2002, 07:27 PM   #3

YT,

We're very glad to have you as a member of the TFL family, and, thank you very much for the kudos. However, it's the excellent members, such as yourself, that really make TFL what it is.

It was a pleasure meeting you,
and hope to see more of you at the VCDL booths.

Mykl
Old January 21, 2002, 12:11 AM   #4
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Wow...
Who says you can't please some of the people all of the time?!!!!!!!!!!
Rich