The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 21, 2012, 12:58 AM   #1
Roland Thunder

Problem with post

I edited my post and changed the title to SPF (sold pending funds), it shows WTS when I display all the threads in the category but when I click on it it shows SPF. What did I do wrong or how can I get it to show SPF on the page that lists all the threads in the category.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475671

http://thefiringline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Old January 21, 2012, 06:29 AM   #2
Bud Helms

On the forum title display page, double click in the row of your title, but not on the title (click next to the title). That will display the title in an edit pane which will allow you to edit the title.
Old January 21, 2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Mal H
Staff

Bud - that's in the "Moderator's Book of Secrets". (Actually, only mods and admins can use that method to edit a thread title after the timeout period which is the main reason he can't get the edit to propagate to the index page.)

Greg - the reason you can't edit a thread title is because the edit window is only about 12 hours long. After that time, you can edit the title, but it is only the post title you are editing. It won't show up in the forum thread listing.

That is one reason we implemented the function for members to close their own Gun Show threads. See item #3 in the Gun Show rules thread. A closed thread is a very good external indicator that the sale is done, withdrawn, etc, in fact, it being one of the forum rules, we insist that members do it. Give it a try.
Old January 21, 2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Bud Helms

Aha!