The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 6, 2014, 11:05 PM   #26
Swilly

Speaking of safes, I thought I would share an experience of mine. I was a rough framing carpenter for about 5 years working for a company that mainly built big fancy homes for "rich" people. One of the houses I remember was being built for a guy who had a size able collection of firearms. Adjacent to his vaulted ceiling trophy room was his walk in vault. I remember helping carry the vault door in off the truck when it arrived. It weighed a buttload and as I recall someone quoted a $2,000 price tag. I could never figure out why he would spend all that on the door when the walls of the "vault" were framed with nothing but 2x4s 16" on center and covered with drywall. You could punch through the stud cavities and walk right through.
Old February 11, 2014, 01:26 AM   #27
Light256

I currently have the stackon gun cabnet i know i know not very good. But at this point, it was either that or nothing. But saving up this summer for somthing a little more substantial. any recemendations perf. somthing in the like 600-800$ range. and holds more then the 12 guns that stackon does.