The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 16, 2002, 08:26 PM   #1
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

Great news!

My youngest son in law informed me this morning that he has left his job as a sugar cane harvesting equipment mechanic with the largest sugar cane harvesting equipment manufacturer in the world and taken the job of managing a very large sugar cane farm that was recently purchased by the manager of the sugar cane harvesting equipment company .................. THOUSANDS OF ACRES...............some of it in woodland and wetlands...........deer, ducks, squirrels, rabbits ............... all within a 15 minute drive from my carport! He went and put some salt blocks and feeders out today
Old October 16, 2002, 09:36 PM   #2
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Now ain't dat jes' lak a danged coonass? He find a place for us to hunt, and he forgit de direcshone on how to get dere!

But I know where is his carport!

, Art
Old October 16, 2002, 11:23 PM   #3
yorec

Good for him - and you! Looks like that gamble you took lettin' him hang about yer daughter is about to pay off!

Art - you da funny man!
Old October 17, 2002, 12:34 AM   #4
Fred Hansen

"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore
Old October 17, 2002, 12:44 AM   #5
WYO

Art, where you from, mon ami?

Southla1, what about dem wild pigs? And will he plant some rye grass, bush hog some shooting lanes, and put a small house up on 20 foot piers?

Wouldn't mind meeting you two at Black's, Dupuis', or Fred's sometime. yorec, you and I could drive down. It would be worth it!
Old October 17, 2002, 01:26 AM   #6
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

WYO, I started out at about 6AM, Friday, July 6, 1934, at St. David's hospital in Austintatious. Since then, I've sorta done the old Hank Snow thing, "I've Been Everywhere".

When you wander the world a lot, you're exposed to all manner of accents and speech-patterns. And I really get off on ethnic jokes. Nowadays, of course, such are not Politically Correct. Too bad. I allus figgered the reason God invented sacred cows wuz fer me to have something to walk up to and kick in the butt.

Southla1 probably can tell you about Boudreaux, the sheriff and the houndawg in heat...

, Art
Old October 17, 2002, 09:50 AM   #7
WYO

Well that was a truly great impression, Art.
Old October 17, 2002, 10:13 AM   #8
C.R.Sam

Some things make daughters worth raisin.

Sam