The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 27, 2012, 09:32 PM   #26
Sarge

The OP asked the following:

Quote:
If not what do you guys recommend I drop in there without filing bankruptcy?
Is there any reason to stone the stock trigger? I've read that is spoils the hardened surface.

-SS-
Since he asked what 'us guys' recommend, and being one of 'us guys', I gave him my recommendation.

I cracked my first can of Kasenit back when Carter was president, cat salesman. I hung with a flinters in those days and I am familiar with what it does and doesn't do.

Armorer's School do indeed teach maintenance, as well as which parts are better replaced than repaired... I don't think I 'well need a collage level gunsmithing class' to pass that information along.

Old October 27, 2012, 09:41 PM   #27
btmj

It is hard to go wrong with the RRA trigger. I don't think there is another trigger out there for the price that equals it...

It is not as good as the factory trigger on many good bolt guns. I have experinced Win M70s, Weatherby, and Browning A-bolts with slightly better triggers. And I am sure with a few hundred dollars of smithing, those triggers could have been improved.

But as AR triggers go, I am a big fan of the RRA 2 stage.
Old October 28, 2012, 08:03 AM   #28
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmj
It is hard to go wrong with the RRA trigger. I don't think there is another trigger out there for the price that equals it...

It is not as good as the factory trigger on many good bolt guns. I have experinced Win M70s, Weatherby, and Browning A-bolts with slightly better triggers. And I am sure with a few hundred dollars of smithing, those triggers could have been improved.

But as AR triggers go, I am a big fan of the RRA 2 stage.
The ArmaLite two stage is more trigger for less money. Two stage LPK is $120. User adjustable with simple spring position change. ArmaLite has a knowledge base online and shows how to tune this trigger. It can match any two stage on the market.