The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 24, 2009, 08:53 PM   #1
arktrlblzr

Another Newbie

I started reloading after purchasing my last rifle. My latest purchase was a Ruger 260rem and with it I bought a couple boxes of shells. To say the least I was shocked when I paid $40.00 a box. Then I knew I was going to do this different from now on. I bought a Lee kit, Redding dies, Redding case trimmer, digital scale, and a tumbler. The enjoyment I've had thus far has made the money I'm saving an afterthought. I have numerous guns but thought I would start with the 260rem until I get things figured out.

I would be very interested if anyone has any good loads for the 260rem? So far I've loaded 120gn Noslers with 43.5gn of IMR4350/47gn of RL19/45gn of IMR4064, all with an OAL of 2.790". By far the RL19 was the more accurate. I have some 100gn Nosler BT coming, but am pretty pleased with the 120's.
Old March 28, 2009, 11:54 AM   #2
James R. Burke

Just make sure you are getting manuals for the bullets you will be using. You can't have enough manuals. That way you can do some cross checking etc. I always update mine every few years. Things change alot over time. Keep it safe!