The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 11, 2013, 11:59 PM   #1
iGunny40

My Glock 27 Holster... Thoughts?

Just bought a Tagua Gunleather holster (Inside pants for my Glock 27)
Do you have any experience with this holster? Opinions of it?
I couldn't find anything else.
Old June 12, 2013, 01:42 AM   #2
allaroundhunter

Re: My Glock 27 Holster... Thoughts?

They look like they'd be okay holsters for the money, but I prefer kydex for a gun without a manual safety. I am curious; you said that you couldn't find any other holsters... Did you try looking online?
Old June 12, 2013, 01:59 AM   #3
iGunny40

I have been ripped off not to long ago, didn't feel like going back into the "risk zone" online yet...
Old June 12, 2013, 09:39 AM   #4
allaroundhunter

Well there are great places that you can order from to get some of the best conceal carry holsters online. And if you ask anyone who has worked with these people, then you would see that "ripped off" is not even in the company's dictionary. If you want another holster in the future, Google Crossbreed and find the Supertuck.

I just ordered a Maxtuck holster similar to the Supertuck from White Hat Holsters. They are a great company with another good reputation. When you order a holster from them you get to customize the kydex and I am hoping that it is just as comfortable as the Crossbreed.
Old June 12, 2013, 12:56 PM   #5
ClydeFrog

rip-off?...

I'm not sure what style or brand of holster you were checking for your Glock 27 sub compact but there are many many respected firms with decades of experience selling gear & holsters to sworn LE, security guards, armed citizens, federal agents, spec ops military.

The Glock 27 is widely used too & if you go to a respected holster firm, I'd bet you'd find a decent rig.
Check these brands; Safariland, Galco, Don Hume, Bianchi Intl, Greg Kramer, Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, Blackhawk, Alessi, DeSantis, Kirkpatrick Leather, COM Holsters, Blade-tech.

CF
Old June 15, 2013, 01:13 AM   #6
LRChops

Black Dog Concealment kydex holsters or Zero Concealment Kydex. Fairly priced and good quality!
Old June 26, 2013, 05:33 PM   #7
kjd2121

Here is a good one - INCOG IWB Holster System

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/INCOG.html
Old June 26, 2013, 08:17 PM   #8
Captains1911

There is no other way to shop for a holster than online. With the hundreds of popular guns, with right-handed, left-handed, and all the other possible configurations, there's no way a local store could stock enough to satisfy everybody. They would literally have to stock thousands and thousands of holsters. There are several reputable online holster makers that offer trial periods where if you aren't satisfied you return it for a full refund. There's no getting ripped off if you shop properly.
Old June 26, 2013, 09:54 PM   #9
2ndsojourn

And don't forget....you get what you pay for.

I just bought my son-in-law a Galco Nighthawk for his G26. Real nice. You can set it up for IWB or OWB. I tried my 19 in it but no-go. It was cheaper from Optics Planet than from Galco direct.
Old June 26, 2013, 10:14 PM   #10
allaroundhunter

Here is my new holster for my G19: