The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 1, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Gary Slider

New Mexico Has Backed Down (Updated)

NM did not add SC and KY back on the list. Also OH, WV and LA have removed NM from their list. They should add them back but www.handgunlaw.us reports what states are reporting. Will add them back as they are added back. The site has been updated to show NM adding all these states back.

New Mexico DPS is reporting this evening that they will honor the following states.

New Mexico currently recognizes concealed carry permits from or has reciprocal agreements with the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-c...ty-agreements/

WV, OH and LA have already removed NM from the list of states they will honor. I am hoping they will put them back on their list.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Last edited by Gary Slider; May 1, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:54 PM   #2
maestro pistolero

Great news. I just received my AZ app to get NM covered. I was just waiting until the dust settled.
Old May 1, 2012, 07:59 PM   #3
C0untZer0

What is this?

It's like musical chairs with state reciprocity.
Old May 2, 2012, 01:41 PM   #4
NJgunowner

I'm sure this is a backlash situation. The bonehead who started the mess probably got reamed out by the residents and politicians when it dawned on them that all these other states were likely to drop them in retaliation.
Old May 2, 2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Strafer Gott

Precisely NJ . New Mexico needs tourism as much as anybody. This little rule would have a negative consequence on the bottom line. Snap!
Old May 4, 2012, 04:47 PM   #6
JoeyPeters

Reporter writing a story on this

Hello all,

This is Joey Peters with the Santa Fe Reporter. Take a peek at our website here: http://www.sfreporter.com/santafe/

I'm writing a story about the CCW reciprocity changes in NM and am looking for someone living out of state who often travels here to talk to. Specifically, I'm looking for someone with another state CCW permit that the NM changes will affect.

You can reach me at my office at 505-988-5541 ext. 218 and by email at [email protected]. Please get back to me before Monday's noon deadline if you're interested and can help.

Thanks,
Joey Peters
Staff Writer
Santa Fe Reporter