The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 7, 2006, 02:14 AM   #1
chevis

WTB Dillon 650 Conversions

I'd like to buy shell plate conversions for a Dillon 650 in 45acp,44mag,and 9mm.My e-mail is [email protected].... be interested in other options for this machine if I don't find right away,such as shell feeder and low-powder,,etc.
Old January 7, 2006, 06:28 PM   #2
Archie

What you do, Chevis, is ....

If you bought your 650 new, you should have a complete conversion set chart.

Many parts interchange. For instance, the same shell plate holder for .45 ACP fits .30-06 and .308 and others. .44 Magnum and .44 Special are the same. The other smaller parts are similar. The locator pins only come in eight different sizes. The first station locator is the same for many. The arm bushings and so on interchange.

So, once you have a compiled list of what you need, check that against what you already have. Then you'll know what you really need.

I find it very cheap just to buy from Dillon direct.

Oh, go down to the local big box hardware store and buy one of those 'parts drawer' doo-dads. File all the parts in the various drawers instead of those 'conversion boxes'. It's much easier to use and change calibers.

I've assembled a chart of all the parts required for various calibers. Let me know if you want a copy; I can email or something.

Check out updated journal at http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/