The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 6, 2007, 04:16 PM   #1
KALIFORNIST

Found some reloading stuff.....

I was cleaning out my garage getting ready to move and I found a box full of what looks like dies.I think they came with a box of other stuff my grandfather gave me to free up space himself.I know very little about reloading and shoot mostly 9mm,22, and 12 gauge so the savings arent really there for me to learn right now.Id like to know what this stuff is worth so I can find them a new home.1.LEE loader complete reloading tool-quality built
30/40 krag for .308 2.303 british RCBS die set but I only see 2 things in the box 3.30-06 RCBS with 2 dies in it as well.4.45 acp RCBS with 4 dies in the box 5.223 RCBS with 2 dies 6. 380 acp RCBS with 3 dies 7. 380 another RCBS with 3 dies 8. 32 auto RCBS with 3 dies..223 trim die is what it says on box has 1 thing in box. 9. another LEE loader for .223.any clue what this stuff is worth?Id like to get rid of it all in 1 shot so I wont break it up but Im gonna sell cheap thats for sure.whish I knew more about this stuff?Ill repost in buy sell when I hear from you guys
Old March 6, 2007, 04:25 PM   #2
TimRB

I would think twice before I sold any of my grandfather's shooting stuff. Is there another shooter in your family who would want it?

Tim
Old March 6, 2007, 04:37 PM   #3
KALIFORNIST

I have alot of other stuff from my grandfather(who is still alive)so im not to worried about getting rid of this stuff,hell he prob woulda sold it himself if he had wanted to bother with it.He has already told me im getting all his rifles when he goes,which luckily looks like it will be some time.so as far as memories are with this box of realoding stuff they come in at about 102 of the list 105.thanks
Old March 6, 2007, 05:12 PM   #4
bob k

Sounds to me like It's the dies for your Grandfathers weapons. You don't need them now however when you get the guns, in the distant future you will. Unless you're pressed for space they are worth keeping.
Bob
Old March 6, 2007, 05:17 PM   #5
KALIFORNIST

I am pressed for space. moving from 5 bedroom house 3 car garage to 1 bed apartment.I will never shoot any of his rifles enough to need to reload.lol sounds like everyone wants me to keep this stuff.anybody in ca got a garage i can borrow?
Old March 6, 2007, 06:08 PM   #6
skeeter1

Post it all up on eBay with a starting price of $1.00 and no reserve for a week. You'll get far more than a buck for it, but if you start off asking too much, you're not going to get anything. I did that with a car I was selling and got >$10,000 for it. You want to sell the reloading equipment en masse, understandable, but someone will gobble it up and parcel it out individually. Easy for you, profitable for the buyer. It's a win/win.
Old March 6, 2007, 06:17 PM   #7
KALIFORNIST

I am not a huge fan of ebay.I was just looking for a round about number that this stuff would be worth.Id rather sell it to someone here and give them a really good deal then go through the headache.making alot of money on this is not my concern.making this a trouble free experience and hopefully this stuff going to a good home is what im looking to do.Ill repost in the buy sell trade.

....or admin could this be moved?
Old March 7, 2007, 09:40 AM   #8
TimRB

Where are you located in California? If you really would just like to store a box of reloading stuff for a while I may be able to help you out.

Tim
Old March 7, 2007, 02:33 PM   #9
KALIFORNIST

I live in riverside.I was just kidding about borrowing the garage.thanks though
Old March 7, 2007, 05:44 PM   #10
lee n. field

Quote:
any clue what this stuff is worth?Id like to get rid of it all in 1 shot so I wont break it up but Im gonna sell cheap thats for sure.whish I knew more about this stuff?Ill repost in buy sell when I hear from you guys
Would depend on condition. Also on if the pistol sizing dies are carbide or not.
Old March 7, 2007, 09:00 PM   #11
rickh

Looking a what you listed, I can not imagine the box to store it in would be all that big.
When the day comes that you get you grandpas collection of firearms, replacement cost of the dies are gonna be a killer and once you go to purchase ammo for the collection, you will truley miss the dies!
Anyway you can relist the items in a top to bottom list, I get lost reading your post. Also any part numbers on the boxes would be helpful.
And note any surface rust etc.
I would strongy urge you to reconsider selling, other wise... I am interested even though I have most of what listed, having more than one is a plus when staring at a 1,000 empty shells!
Rick H...
Old March 7, 2007, 10:39 PM   #12
KALIFORNIST

sold pending funds