The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 5, 2008, 05:57 PM   #1
arcticap

The Heritage Guild 1 of 50 Dragoon

I visited my local gunshop and finally remembered to bring a camera. They were really nice about taking this special Dragoon with a $4000 price tag out of the display case just to let me take a few pictures.
The pictures have been resized several times to give the viewer a variety of perspectives.
About the only thing that was mentioned about this pistol was that it's not a "Colt".

I selected imageshack photo hosting for these pix because they do host them at full size. Click on each picture 3 times to be able to see it at full size and enjoy!

Last edited by arcticap; December 5, 2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old December 5, 2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Fingers McGee

Actually, it is a 2nd Generation 3rd Model Dragoon. From Dennis Russell's book 'Percussion Colt Revolvers - The Second Generation' Collector's and price guide #4 dtd 2007:

"Alvin A. White was the designer of the engraving on these revolvers. Evidence is his signature "A.A.W." engraved on the left barrel lug. His firm, American Master Engravers, was commissioned to produce these revolvers exclusively for the Heritage Guild, Trumbull, Connecticut. They were produced in 1985 and 1986 from 'in-the-white' Third Model Dragoons supplied from the Colt's Manufacturing Company. NOTE: All known examples of these revolvers come from the production serial numbers of the Colt "C" Series of Second Generation Percussion Revolvers"

NIB pricing in the Collectors Guide is $3450 for one NIB. There's one listed on GunsInternational for over $6,000. I doubt seriously that they'll get it.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce