The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 20, 2000, 11:38 AM   #1
chadintex

I need a SOB holster that rides very low and has more of an upright cant. I think the ARG from Rosen would be good, but I don't want to spend $125 on the wrong one. I also like Sidearmor, but don't know if the grip angle would be enough. Any advice? Thanks.

------------------
Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans. Robert E. Lee

Beware the three D's: The dumb, drunk, and deranged.

[email protected]
Old August 20, 2000, 01:35 PM   #2
WalterGAII

I have Sidearmor IWB's for my G30 and G21. I love the holsters; wear them cross-draw, and have no trouble concealing my fat little pistols. However, I think that you're right about the angle for s.o.b. I have the 15degree cant IWB, and it wouldn't provide enough angle for the type of carry that you desire.
Old August 20, 2000, 03:08 PM   #3
chadintex

Thanks for the reply Walter. Due to body shape, Texas heat, and a shoulder injury, that is about the only place I can conceal a larger sized pistol. Sidearmor's stuff looks great, but I doubt I could use it without the proper angle.
Old August 20, 2000, 03:18 PM   #4
Snakeshot

I have the Sidearmor IWB and I think it's great. When I ordered it, I had concerns about the cant and Patricia told me that if I didn't like it, all I had to do was swap the removable belt component for the one I wanted. Didn't have to. BTW, it's an IWB but I wear it more like a SOB. Great folks and a great product.
Old August 20, 2000, 03:29 PM   #5
chadintex

Looks like I need to talk to Patricia, thanks Snakeshot.
Old August 20, 2000, 07:31 PM   #6
WalterGAII

I guess I failed to mention that I truly love my Sidearmors; also, dealing with Patricia is a real pleasure.

The craftsmanship of the Sidearmors is unequaled in the industry, in my humble opinion. I personally carry both my G21 and G30 concealed with the IWB Sidearmors. I'm 6'2", and about 220, and can't reach the Sidearmor IWB in the sob location.
Old August 20, 2000, 10:20 PM   #7
KilgorII

I agree with Walter on Sidearmor's quality. I can reach my Glock 26 in my Sidearmor IWB w/ 15 degree cant when it is in the SOB position pretty easily though. However I do not wear it that way because it rubs on my backbone and is uncomfortable there. I believe that 15 degrees is the most cant that Sidearmor offers. I believe they only offer 0 degree and 15 degree. Email Patricia and ask though.

Old August 21, 2000, 07:16 AM   #8
WalterGAII

I believe that they also offer a five degree.
Old August 21, 2000, 08:46 AM   #9
KilgorII

Oh that's right, they offer 5 degree and 15 degree. oops Now you see why I said to email Patricia.
Http://www.sidearmor.net