The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 8, 2008, 10:43 AM   #1
FLVarminter
Registration in progress

Remington Customer Service BIG -

I bought some 221 FB brass (500) tp size to 20 VT. I sized the necks first then started primer pockets when I found 59 pieces with way shallow primer pockets (about half as deep as they need to be). I emailed Remington, their reply was to box them up and send to Remington ammunition factory and they would look at them and might be able to help. First off they didn't give the address to the Remington Ammunition Factory, second 221FB is still scarce and they know that. It is as if they don't care or just don't want to help. Any other similar experiences like this with Remington?
Old August 8, 2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Wildalaska

Have you sent the brass back? Sounds like they are perfectly willing to help...and is there a reason you didnt ASK for the address?

WildsowhatstheproblemAlaska ™
Old August 8, 2008, 12:41 PM   #3
FLVarminter
Registration in progress

Rem CS

I haven't sent it back. Although I shouldn't have to ask for the address I did and they haven't replied yet. On top of that, the green Remington bag doesn't have their address or contact information. I have a new Cooper 20VT that I want to shoot so I have necked the brass down to .204. If not for that I would have sent the stuff back to cabelas where I bought it. And it's not that they either will or will not help me, it' the fact that they said ship it back (at my expense) and maybe they will help me. You can't continue doing business that way and stay in business. The ball is in their court, I told them they didn't provide an address.
Old August 9, 2008, 04:40 AM   #4
BBush

Not trying to be a smarta**, but have you ever considered how many letters and phone calls that Remington gets everyday from someone wanting to send this or that back at their expense because they say something is wrong (when nothing is really). I promise you, you would be amazed. I'm not saying that nothing is wrong with your brass, but it would break you if you sent a free mailing label out everytime someone wanted to send something back. I would image that they will compensate you if you send it back and they do indeed find some type of defect. Besides, they probably know that they have you over a barrel sorta like the oil companies because there is not really a whole of competition out there. Lets see, there is Federal and Winchester (and Hornady, maybe) and that is about it.
Old August 9, 2008, 04:01 PM   #5
JP Sarte

FLVarminter:

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Remington!!!!! Good luck on getting anything done with them. Best thing to do is not buy from them at all and avoid the headache altogether. See all my posts on TFL. All I have experienced with them is nightmare after nightmare. They pulled that nonsense about me paying for shipping (on a Model 700 that didn't work) also. I finally won out but it was argument to be sure. Their mistake and I pay?

"but it would break you if you sent a free mailing label out every time someone wanted to send something back."

If they did their job correctly in the first place these requests would drop to almost nothing. Not only would Remington save many dollars in "label" expenses but in classic corporate fashion they may actually be able to lay a few folks off. Seems like it would be a win/win for the bean counters at Remington.

AVOID REMINGTON AT ALL COSTS!

JP
Old August 9, 2008, 04:28 PM   #6
Wildalaska

Attn TFLers...rather than engage in the back and forth, let me assure you that Remington customer service is awesome and if you have any questions about it, call me.

Ye reap what you sow in dealing with customer service folks at any company

WildmovinonAlaska ™
Old August 9, 2008, 05:44 PM   #7
JP Sarte

JPdealersgetspecialtreatmentSarte

JPblamethevictimSarte
Old August 10, 2008, 04:14 AM   #8
HKFan9

I don't trust Remington Service anymore. I sent in a model 700 in .243 for a minor repair and they "lost" it......not joking. They let me choose a new rifle I wanted so I got a new 700 in .270..... literally LOST the gun....LOST... I'm still shocked...
Old August 10, 2008, 08:48 AM   #9
JP Sarte

HKfan9:

Sorry to hear about the lost gun but it once again shows how pervasive the problem really is at Remington. I hope that .243 wasn't a gun given to you by your father or grandfather or somebody else that meant a lot to you. Any .243 can be replaced but not one with sentimental value. Did I mention Remington wouldn't care anyway? They don't.

How can they "lose" a gun? In previous posts on Remington I addressed this very issue. They told me that a 700 I was sending them was insured. I asked for how much and they said $150.00. If I wanted more I would have to buy it myself. $150.00 doesn't even come close to the cost of the gun.

A lot of people out there are having these problems with Remington. If more people would share them maybe Remington would get its act together. Doubtful.

JP
Old August 13, 2008, 04:07 AM   #10
uafgrad

I had a great experience with them

Bought a used Sendero that had a chip out of the stock
The chip appeared to have been in an area that wasnt filled for some reason and had left a recess in the stock.
I sent them pics and an explanation and they sent me a new stock to replace it.

Not bad in my books
Old August 13, 2008, 06:27 AM   #11
GMAN

I sent a Remington rifle back once. I called & the lady said send it back, I ask where to get a box and she said give me your address. They sent me an empty bot from NY to Mich. and it was made to fit the rifle. They fixed the rifle and sent it back. NO CHARGE. I had outstanding service.
Old August 13, 2008, 04:45 PM   #12
mikejonestkd

In my fairly limited experience ( a few phone calls and a few service/ repair jobs ) they have always met my expectations or gone ' above and beyond the call of duty ' . I have nothing but good things to say about remington.

Sorry to hear of your experience.
Old August 14, 2008, 11:03 AM   #13
adk

I bought a brand new Remington Model 7 rifle, stainless synthetic, in .308. It shot 5" plus at 100 yards with Fed 180 Nosler Partitions and other Premium ammo (3 shots). Called and wrote to Remington. I was completely diplomatic (easy) on my side.

Sent it back several times. They totally lost it once and I found it myself, at a remote service center. People there agreed the gun was screwed up and couldn't fix it. They had sent it back to the factory, where it was again lost.

Remingtion "reamed the muzzle" several times, saying each time that the customer had damaged the crown. Customer Service was surley and smart-ass. They finally got it down to 2 shots, 2" (3 shots 3"). (Thanks - I know all about heat and the lightweight barrel.)

No more Remington for me. Too many other excellent choices available now. I won't buy their ammo either, as I have read about problems (that Federal and Winchester don't have). My GUESS is that Remington has QC problems that current management thinks they can't afford to solve.

-----------