The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 21, 2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Delaware_Dan

Glock Knife?

I just ran across these and I would like to know if anyone has one. They seem (look) cheaply made. Opinions?
Old July 21, 2009, 11:07 AM   #2
goodspeed(TPF)

Best knife I've ever owned. Simple, rugged and always works.

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/index.shtml
Old July 23, 2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Te Anau

As much as I dislike Glock handguns,their knives are great & very well made.
Old July 23, 2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Superhouse 15

I got one as a freebee from a sales rep and carried it on my fire gear for years. I broke windows, used it as a rope anchor, exposed it to high heat, chopped locks, cut windshields, and all kinds of other abuse. I only stopped carrying it because some captain thought it looked too much like a "weapon" hanging on my SCBA. They are NOT cheaply built.
Old July 23, 2009, 03:58 PM   #5
Scorch

They are a lot like the old US M7 knives. Essentially a bayonet without the lug. You couldn't ask for anything better.
Old July 24, 2009, 12:53 PM   #6
B. Lahey

One just showed up in the mail today. First impressions: well-built, sharp blade but no point to speak of, almost like it's supposed to be a screwdriver-tip but they didn't finish shaping it, sheath is weird, seems next to impossible to remove with one hand but maybe it just needs to be broken in.

I'll use it some and see how I like it later before drawing any conclusions, but it seems like a nice knife for the money.
Old July 24, 2009, 02:04 PM   #7
4thPointofContact

I have two ways of one-handed removal that seem to work well for me:

1) With a regular grip, or if the knife is handle-down, sneak the tip of the forefinger under the plastic catch until it releases.

2) If it's on my belt and it's not an emergency, curl middle finger under the lower guard and pry the plastic catch out until it releases, then take a normal grip on the knife.

Neither if blazing fast, but it's more of a utility knife than a fighting knife as far as I know.
Old August 4, 2009, 10:31 PM   #8
dcobler

I bought one for one of my best freinds I went to Iraq with as a christmas present while we were there. He loved it. As far as I know, he hasn't had any problem from it.
Old August 7, 2009, 02:46 PM   #9
Ac1d0v3r1d3

Quote:
seems next to impossible to remove with one hand but maybe it just needs to be broken in.
I actually took the knife and carved off just enough of the latch so that if you pull sharply the knife will come out, but you could still shake the sheath upside down without the knife coming out. Just be careful and don't take off too much.
Old August 7, 2009, 03:08 PM   #10
Microgunner

I've owned one since they were introduced in the US. Narrow blade, plain appearance but works very well. The polymer sheath is also very secure and durable.
Old August 7, 2009, 03:21 PM   #11
B. Lahey

Mine is on the way to the Minnesota "boundary waters" wildlife area to be used and abused by my father for the next week. Should have some feedback and torture-test results when he gets back (pop can be tough on equipment).