The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 12, 2008, 05:43 PM   #1
jdtoyou

Need OWB holster recommendation

I need some recommendations for a OWB holster for my HK P2000 (already have a MTAC for IWB, but don't want to have to alter all my suit pants and trousers). The more I think about it, the better a paddle seems. I'll be covering this rig with a suit/sport coat or light jacket but like the ability to easliy remove the whole rig/gun should I need to eneter my office ect. Any recommendations? Looked quicky at the Galco and it looked pretty nice. Also looked at the Kramer but the paddle seemed HUGE. Woulod love to hear from those that use or have used a paddle. Thanks!
Old July 15, 2008, 07:25 AM   #2
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

The only paddle I've ever used that was comfortable was a Blackhawk Serpa. It's a polymer holster and is quite quick on the draw.

It didn't conceal as well as an IWB for me due to my slender build but I used it pretty extensively while carrying OWB in the Philippines.
Old July 15, 2008, 11:30 AM   #3
Stumpy16076

You might want to consider something like the Snap-Off Elite from El Paso Saddlery. They also have a paddle holster, but as you noted the paddle is rather large looking. the Snap-Off might work better for you-check their web site (www.epsaddlery.com). Only downside is their delivery time is around 6-8 weeks as they make-to-order.
Old July 15, 2008, 11:36 AM   #4
nemesis

A paddle holster is a compromise between concealment and convenience.

Typically, they offset the gun further from the body than a good belt holster.
Old July 15, 2008, 07:02 PM   #5
kurtiss

I asked the same thing a few weeks ago and a lot of people recommended I try the Don Hume H721. I am going to be trying this one soon. It is not a paddle though. The H720 is the paddle version.