The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 12, 2013, 01:55 PM   #1
rduckwor

Bullet Heads Bullets

Any experience?

http://www.bulletheads.com/index.html

Thanks
Old May 14, 2013, 09:43 AM   #2
spily

bulletheads

I am in the uk and for quite a while now all the dealers have started calling bullets -heads /bulletheads etc. It realy ticks me off.
Old May 14, 2013, 09:00 PM   #3
valleyforge.1777

I've bought bullets and brass from him several times over the past year. Never had any problems and he ships out right away. Nice guy to do business with. He has had those .224 55 grain FMJ bullets listed throughout the entire "panic", and I've watched his prices go from under $100 per 1,000 (I bought 4,000 from him at those low prices newly into the panic) to ever and ever higher prices, peaking at $185 per 1,000 bullets. I always wondered if he had stock all the time because no one would pay his prices, but that's probably not the reason. Anyway, more recently he has lowered his price to $150 per 1,000 and he is still showing "in stock" for the bullets. He may have had different versions of the 55 grain FMJ's at various times over the course of the past few months, but he has always had some bullets in stock, since way before the panic began. I've got a whole bunch of 9 mm once-fired brass from him. I hope he gets the 9 mm 115 grain FMJ's back in stock sometime soon.

I've seen lots of threads on all the reloading forums over the past couple of months where people are begging for some .224 bullets for loading and I just don't know why no one seems to have heard of Bullet Heads. All the time that people have been saying their favorite places are sold out, this guy has had these bullets for sale, in stock and ready to go.

Another place I've bought from in the past is Everglade. They have had .224 bullets in stock, often but not always, over the past few months. They are very proud of their bullets and they think highly -- i.e. high price -- of their bullets. Currently, they're listing .224 55 grain FMJ's for $259 per 1,000. I don't know if they deliver them on a gold platter with a case of Scotch whisky or what, but they definitely are hoping to get a lot of money for their bullets. I've bought other bullets from them last year, and they shipped nearly instantly. Great people, answered emails quickly, real good folks. Don't understand their pricing for the .224's, but whatever. http://www.evergladesammo.com/bullet...ullets-v1.html

Last edited by valleyforge.1777; May 14, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old May 16, 2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Swampman1

Quote:
I don't know if they deliver them on a gold platter with a case of Scotch whisky or what, but they definitely are hoping to get a lot of money for their bullets.
They won't get it from me...I don't have any bullets, and I'm not desparate.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:51 PM   #5
nglayton

Quote:
Any experience?
http://www.bulletheads.com/index.html
Weird website....
I ordered and got them in 2 days. No issues.