The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 2, 2012, 05:20 PM   #1
dbrow6272

Best Holster

Just bought a Sig Sauer P226 MK25. What in your humble opinion is the very best conceal holster for this pistol?
Old September 2, 2012, 06:02 PM   #2
BarryLee

When you say concealed I just sort of assume IWB, so in that case I would suggest the Milt Sparks Versa Max II.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old September 2, 2012, 11:34 PM   #3
TX_QtPi

I really like My DeSantis Soft Tuck, IWB, adjustable cant, lightweight, Even with my Stoeger 8040F it feels like I'm not carrying at all, so it has plenty of comfort value too
Old September 6, 2012, 08:16 AM   #4
Chadk

I have to give a vote to N82 (nate squared) Tactical holster. padding protects the body from 100% of the gun.
I have a Kholster that should deliver today for a different gun so we'll see how that goes. if you decide on the Kholster I have a rebate code you can use so shoot me a PM.
Old September 8, 2012, 08:32 PM   #5
ClydeFrog

Top brands....

If budgets or $ isn't a major problem and time(waiting) is okay, here are a few good brands for a concealment P226/mk25 holster;

Greg Kramer(horsehide), Milt Sparks, Bulman Gunleather, Mernickle, Mitch Rosen, Blade-tech, COM Holsters, Don Hume, Galco, Ted Blocker, Kirkpatrick Leather.
Many gunners & armed professionals like horsehide over traditional cow leathers. Blade-tech, COM Holsters make popular Kydex rigs. The Safariland ALS-SFS & SERPA holsters are used often too.
Old September 9, 2012, 09:58 AM   #6
jmhyer

Galco King Tuk, Crossbreed Supertuck, and similar designs work best for me. I assume there is one made for your SIG. The thing about holsters is that they are just like guns themselves in that what is good for one may not be good for another. Most folks end up with a drawer full of rejects before finally finding the one that works for them. Unfortunate, but true.